Saturday 30 April 2022

Saturday, 30-04-22

 Good morning everyone!

Three pounds off yesterday,. despite birthday celebrations.  Cheers!
The focus for next week is exactly the same
  1. keep the detailed diary for Jen
  2. five or under syns
  3. ten or over speed fruit and veg
 . . . with the aim of losing as much as possible.

So here's hoping for the coming week.

Yesterday's meals:

I changed my plans slightly and used a couple of large Portobello mushrooms instead of toast.  It was so delicious.  Then I had a plum.

I have half the can of tomatoes and beans to use up another time.


Because I hadn't had toast for breakfast, I decided to have an Aldi high protein sandwich thin which is a healthy extra B.  The topping was half a can of drained tuna, one tsp horseradish sauce, one tbsp super light mayo and most of 30g grated cheddar, all mixed together and spread over the halves of the thin (I didn't toast the outside but you could).  Then sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over the top and just let it brown and bubble under the grill.  Very nice.
Afters was some melon.

Later in the afternoon, I had a few plums

I had some chilli con carne in the freezer, left over from the other day.  I jazzed it up with some peppers from a jar, some mushrooms and some jalapenos, put them in a bowl with chips, added grated cheese and popped it under the grill.  It was very nice, pretty filling and I'm quite glad I didn't make any salad.
Dessert was a yogurt and that was that!

Focus:
the diary continues
ten speed (I didn't have many for breakfast)
two syns




Today's plans:

B:  bacon, sausage and beans with some mushroom and tomato on the side
The beans are leftovers from yesterday
SW:  this should all be free, speed and protein

L:  cheesy bbq tuna crimpie, side salad; fruit salad and yogurt
Using a sandwich thin, this should be quite tasty.
SW:  one healthy extra B , one healthy extra A and half to one syn for some bbq sauce

D:  steak, chutney, roasted veg, other veg; Mullerlight
Just what it says!  I'll use some of  the leftover tomatoes which might make it a bit more like a chunky sauce although I want to keep some of the juice (which was quite thick) for a pitta pizza further on in the week.
SW:  one and a half syn for some chutney, half a syn for the Mullerlight

Exercise:  gardening

Summary:
one healthy extra A 
one healthy extra B
three syns


From the freezer:
sausage
bread
steak
butternut squash
sweet potato

And using up leftovers from yesterday, always a Good Thing!

7 comments:

  1. Well done on 3lbs! You must be seeing a difference again now? I was besides myself with glee yesterday as I’d got some campfire stew out of the freezer for tea! I was very greedy though and I’d written two portions on the tub….but I ate the lot!!! With 5 tomatoes and a bag of Syn free cauli rice for extra speed!
    Gluttony but soooo good and kept me away from the chips that the menfolks were having!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting to, definitely. I may be yoyo-ing but at least I am yoyo-ing at a lower level, not in the high size 20s. That does make a difference.
      Well done on that dinner. I had chips but they were SW happy chips which I love so much I'd have them everyday if it were sensible! But it isn't and I don't so they're a treat when I do have them!
      I think tomatoes are my absolute favourite!
      xx

      Delete
    2. I didn't say thank you - how rude of me.

      Thank you very much. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, my goodness me! That is an amazing week! Very well done! Losing weight has really improved my and my daughter's mental health (mine was never that bad but she was getting very low). She was a sugar addict and she has cracked that one and feels and looks so much more healthy. I have no plans for the week-end so fingers crossed I will be almost at target on Monday. Have a great BH. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sugar is terrible for addiction, isn't it, and its by-product, alcohol. I'm really glad sugar has no power over you both now.

      I was very happy with the loss and, fingers crossed, I will have lost the rest of the holiday gain by next week and be moving on again.
      xx

      Delete