Sunday 3 April 2022

SP recipe: breakfast muffins

 There's nothing original about this recipe, I'm just writing it up for myself, because I find they can be a bit hit and miss and it really worked today.

See . . .

This is exactly what I did.

Ingredients for one:
one medium mushroom, chopped
a bit of onion, chopped or finely sliced
a rasher of bacon, all fat cut off, chopped

two medium eggs
30 mls milk ( from an A allowance)
two level tbsp fat free cottage cheese
quarter tsp mustard powder
pinch garlic granules
salt (not much) and pepper
15g cheese (half a healthy extra A)
some halved cherry tomatoes
spray oil

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180C
Spray three holes of a muffin tin and spread the oil with a brush.
(I did two holes and you can see they came out ginormous and I needed to use a silicon muffin mould because there was a bit left over - as you can see in the photo below.)

Spray a non stick pan and gently fry the onion, mushroom and bacon until; the bacon is cooked and the veg is softening.

Using an electric whisk (I think this is important and is what made the difference), beat the eggs and milk together until they are light and bubbly.
Add the rest of the 'batter' ingredients apart from half of the grated cheese (that's for the top) and the tomatoes and beat again.

Spoon the bacon etc, into the three oiled muffin holes and pour over the eggy mixture.  Sprinkle over the remaining grated cheese and top with the halved cherry tomatoes.
Pop in the oven for around 25 mins - check towards the end, they should have just a slight wobble.

Serve hot with breakfast sides (I like mushroom and tomatoes and I cooked them on a baking sheet alongside the muffins) or let them cool and enjoy them later.



No comments:

Post a Comment