Wednesday 6 April 2022

Wednesday, 06-04-22

Good morning!
While I was at the spa yesterday, between swims, I was re-reading my SW books, the ones they give you when you join.  It's called your 'member's pack'.  I was specially reading about SP days and realised that, while on the usual days they recommend a third of the plate is speed food (when appropriate), for SP days they recommend around half the plate.  
Works for me!!!

There's three more days of this week (my SW weeks go from Saturday to the following Friday when it is weigh in) and pondering what my next week's challenges could be.  The no alcohol goes without saying and I am keeping the speed food one because it is sometimes quite a challenge to keep the speeds high.  I'd also like to keep the SP days one but wondered about introducing a couple of meat free days, one on an SP day and one on an ordinary day.
Do you have any ideas?
Yesterday's meals:
Breakfast - hm waffles with some flavoured yogurt, kiwi (which is not speed) and orange segments.  Very nice too.

The salmon cooked perfectly in the ninja with just a bit of spray oil - 200C, air fry, eight minutes and it flaked beautifully.  A lot more economical than baking in t'oven.

I made a 'drizzle' for the salmon - half a tsp grain mustard (half a syn), half a tsp agave nectar (half a syn) and one tsp lime juice (speed?), all shaken together in a little pot and it was yummy poured over the cooked fish just before serving.
Dinner was quite straightforward really.  Just mince and pasta with cheese and some veg and I really enjoyed it.  
No room for dessert!


Challenge:
no alcohol (or zero pretend alcohol)
fourteen speed foods
still two out of three SP days.


Today's plans:

B:  cheesy beans on toast
.. . because it is delicious and I really like it.  I might also do some tomatoes and mushrooms, just because . . ..
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B

L:  prawn cocktail open toastie, salad; fruit
I didn't know what to call this; a toastie implies melted cheese, doesn't it?
What I plan to do is spray and then toast a slice of wholemeal.  On it I will put some shredded leaves and then pile on some prawns in a sort of Marie Rose sauce - fromage frais, tomato puree and Henderson's relish.  If it is a bit 'lacking' and it might well be, I will also add a bit of seafood sauce for more depth.  I'll serve it with the rest of the coleslaw I made yesterday and some other salady stuff.
SW:  the bread is the other half of my B choice and the coleslaw is half a syn while the seafood sauce is two and a half syns for a level tbsp -  three syns for a lunch is fine.

D:  slow braised steak, creamy mash, mixed veg; yogurt
The steak is from the freezer and I will add an egg yolk and a tbsp crème fraiche to the mash to give it lots of flavour - and maybe some grated cheddar too - I love cheesy mash.
SW:  one healthy extra A if I have the cheddar, one syn for lighter crème fraiche and half a syn for yogurt

Exercise:  personal training today

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns

From the freezer:
bread
prawns
braised steak
mixed veg

2 comments:

  1. Your meals looks delicious and so beautifully presented. I must make more effort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it's as easy to arrange the food nicely as it is to just slop it on the plate and it makes the experience a lot more enjoyable. I guess it is just a habit I have got into. Thank you, I'm glad you think they look nice.
      xx

      Delete