Wednesday 20 April 2022

Wednesday, 20-04-22

 Good morning!

It was so nice to get back to healthy eating (which is what the SW plan really is) again yesterday.  My tum is settling down again now and I'm looking forward to meals.

This is not a good week for a fresh start with two meals out but that's life, I will just have to work through it.


Yesterday's meals:

Fruit salad and 0% Greek yogurt for breakfast
A pretty 'expensive' lunch that used all my healthy extras.  I made the onion relish by thin slicing a red onion and boiling it up with some water and some balsamic vinegar, covered, until the onion was soft.  Then I added a carefully measured ten grams demerara sugar and let it all bubble until the liquid was all gone.  A bit of salt and pepper to finish it off and it was nice in the toastie - I used half for one syn and the other half can be for today.
I had a couple of plums for afters.
The Ninja-ed beef was OK but I don't think I'll do it that way again.  I'll probably slow cook but I will wrap it in foil - it did dry out a bit which the instructions said wouldn't happen.  Not to worry, it all tasted good.



Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
Same as yesterday because I have fruit salad left over.
SW:  speed, free and protein.

L:  chicken and chutney pitta with salad; fruit
I'm not at home for lunch so this is what I will be taking with me.  It's all prepped and in the fridge.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for two cheese triangles (instead of butter), one syn for the chutney and one B for the pitta.

D:  mince stuffed mushrooms, roasted veg, other veg; yogurt
I'll use some of my savoury mince from the freezer, fill a couple of portobello mushrooms, top with grated cheese and have it with veg.
The roasted veg is a way of using some cauli and broccoli stems - I will cube it to the same size as the frozen butternut squash, spray and season it all and  - well, roast it!  I think it should be lovely.
SW:  the mince is free, all the veg should be free or speed, the cheese will be one healthy extra A and the yogurt is half a syn.

Exercise:  Up and down stairs, lifting, carrying.  Generally a most energetic day!

SW Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns

From the freezer:
bread
mince
butternut squash

3 comments:

  1. All kicking off here with my husband's treatment. So, many hospital appointments (an hour away) and an op date provisionally booked for 6th May. Next Monday we're at the hospital again - there tomorrow - so I will have to go to the later group which is annoying as I hope to get my stone and a half and would be nice to get the award in front of familiar faces, and my daughter. Never mind, I could be counting my chickens here! Am going to have to organize myself really well over the next few weeks to keep on track. Must try the onion relish - sounds rather good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The relish worked well and you could add other things to sort of embellish it.
      Thinking of you over these next weeks as life gets complicated. Sending love . . .
      xx

      Delete