Monday 25 April 2022

Monday, 25-04-22

  Good morning!

Oh, what a lovely day it was yesterday.  Straight back on the wagon today though.

Yesterday's meals:


A montage of breakfast (the healthy bit, top left) and the afternoon tea plus a campari and tonic (my absolute favourite drink) and prosecco (pretty much my second absolute favourite drink.

It was all lovely.

Come the evening, I just munched on a few grapes - didn't want anything else.

Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
Leftover fruit salad from yesterday.  Lovely!
SW:  speed and protein

L:  salmon salad; more fruit salad
I love salmon with salad and I will make the mustard, agave nectar and lime drizzle to go over it when it's cooked as it's really delicious.
SW:  half a syn for grain mustard, half a syn for agave nectar (half a tsp of each)

D:  pork fillet with apple and onion sauce, assorted veg; yogurt
Just what it says, nothing complicated.  The pork and the sauce are already cooked and the veg prepped.
SW:  I'm not synning the cooked apple and the yogurt will be half or one syn, depending on which one I have.

Exercise:  circuit training.

SW Summary:
no healthy extras today
two syns

From the freezer:
salmon

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my word! I LOVE an afternoon tea and that looks wonderful! Is there a reason why you don't syn the apple? I defrost berries every morning and am careful that I don't over thaw and end up "cooking" them as they then need to be synned, so I believed? Have I misunderstood? I never quite got the reasoning behind this so maybe I have. Weigh-in later but as I have mentioned I am having to go to the later group as at the hospital with OH. I don't think I've made my one and a half stone so won't mind not getting my award today. Definitely next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do say cooked fruit has to be synned and I think it is silly so I don't. Rebel? Me??? Surely not. :-)
      I think it is to do with how it fills you up but I don't find cooked fruit any less filling than raw fruit. Of course, if I add sugar, I syn that.
      And what's perfectly ridiculous is that they apply it even to rhubarb! Whoever has raw rhubarb???

      I will keep my fingers crossed for you later on but, as you say, if not today then next week.

      Delete