Saturday 9 April 2022

Saturday, 09-04-22

Good morning!
Weigh in was a maintain yesterday which was a bit of a blow although maybe the Wednesday blip was enough to cause a temporary gain.  Oh, well, it is what it is and I'm looking ahead now.
And to cheer me up, I won the raffle which was a really useful systema salad box with a little knife and fork and a container for salad dressing.





Exactly like this one.  Lucky me.
I will most certainly make use of this over the year, especially when I am on my short breaks.





The new challenges for the coming week (up to Thursday lunchtime) are proving somewhat difficult for a few reasons.  The first is that I have a reduced number of days as I'm away from Thursday, there's a limited number of days I can have as SP days - today I have things to use up quickly and there are also other things that need to be used up by Thursday and also Beth and Alex are here for Sunday lunch so I won't be inflicting SP on them - they both look forward to my roasties, for a start.

So . . .
no alcohol (obviously)
ten or more speed foods (it's not a challenge in that it is easy but if I don't set it, I might not - if that makes sense)
two SP days, one of which is also meat free.

Thursday to Monday, I won't be able to follow the plan so easily so I'm pondering some specific challenges for those four days.
Yesterday's meals:
A lovely breakfast of choccy orange hi fibre bran muffins - which might sound an abomination to all good muffins but actually they were rather tasty and I thoroughly enjoyed them.


I was out for lunch and had some fruit.

I didn't have the planned and made dinner but totally forgot to take a photo of what I did have (sort of shakshuka type thingy), sorry.  It was nice.


Today's meal plans:

B:  choccy porridge with orange and berries
I fancy something nice and warming and I will need to have it earlier than usual because I'm off for a walk this morning - some people from the group meet up and we walk through to the central park, have a coffee and walk back again.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for milk and one B for oats plus one syn for a tsp cocoa powder

L:  pan fried turkey (or, in my case, possibly chicken) tikka, salad; fruit
This recipe is in the SW Fast and Free recipe book.  It's accompanied by a kind of salsa which I will also make.
SW:  no syns

D:  cheesy cottage pie, baked beans; yogurt
OK, so I made the cottage pie but didn't have it so I MUST have it today or put it in the freezer.  I also have leftover baked beans.  Two good reasons why today can't be an SP day!  :-)
SW: one healthy extra A or if I have more than half of the pie, it will be another half healthy extra A (cheese) plus half a syn for the yogurt

Exercise:  a walk with some of the SW group

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns


From the freezer:
turkey or chicken
and I'm saving the cottage pie from the freezer - half of it anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning. It is soooo frustrating when those scales don't move downwards when one has been doing things "right." But not a gain so all good. I was very restrained yesterday - to plan until tea time when I had a small piece of birthday cake. Then chippy tea - half a piece of fish, a small portion of chips and half a cup of mushy peas - couldn't eat all the chips so gave them away! One glass of fizz with the cake and that was it. Friends coming for supper but she's on a diet and he has just (yesterday) been diagnosed with the Big C (how ironic that these very, very close friends are now starting their journey as we were in the summer)Both the boys will be having their ops in May so at least S and I can support each other. Unbelievable - you couldn't make it up. Have a good week-end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for showing restraint. Wishing you all well and that the medical stuff is highly successful.
      xx

      Delete