Wednesday 27 April 2022

Wednesday, 27-04-22

Good morning!

It's Wednesday, two more days until weigh in and I have no idea how it is going because I'm staying well away from my own bathroom scales, but I seem to have got my excitement about food back again.  It's a bit hard to describe but you know when you have a day's meal planned out and you really, really look forward to the colours, flavours and textures . . . it's that.

So, this evening's meal wasn't exciting me.  I knew it would taste great, I knew it was healthy, but the excitement wasn't there - until I thought 'roast some of the veg' and suddenly it lit up.
Daft, isn't it?  Is it just me, I wonder?  


Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast . . . and a good mixed fruit salad is more filling than one would think.
I decided on a wrap in the end because I hadn't had one for a while.  It was lovely!  Then I had a plum and some raspberries.

I only used half of the coleslaw I made so that's half a syn off!  :-)

It looks a bit messy, I know, but this was really nice.  I started with a basic savoury mince and some cooked pasta, added liquid smoke, Henderson's, soy sauce, some sweetie drop red peppers, some slices cornichons and some slices of jalapenos, both from jars (made it quite spicy), popped some cheddar on top and baked it for a short while.  I just shoved some cherry tomatoes on the plate too.

A yogurt for afters and that was my day's food.

This weeks foci (I prefer that term to 'challenge' or 'target'
Still keeping the detailed diary
Sixteen speeds
Three syns



Today's plans:

B:  marmite mushrooms on toast, tomatoes on the side
This is the Pinch of Nom recipe using mushrooms, marmite and Philly lightest
SW:  two syns for 50g Philly lightest and the toast is my B choice

L:  jacket potato with cheesy mince, coleslaw, side salad; fruit
Just what it says . . . although I might use just half of the mince and add some chilli or fajita spice and some beans of some kind.  That would be tasty.
The coleslaw is the other half of yesterday's make.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As for 45g of the cheese and half a syn for mayo in the coleslaw.  The rest is protein, free and speed.

D:  braised steak, assorted veg; Mullerlight
I will spray roast some of the veg seeing as I'm not having any carbs with this meal.
SW:  half to one syn for the Mullerlight

Exercise:  personal training, a walk round town

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one syn max


From the freezer
bread
cheese
mince
braised steak
butternut squash
sweet potato

2 comments:

  1. That pasta dish looks and sounds yummy. It's just the kind of thing that we'd eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really tasty. I always have portions of basic savoury mince in the freezer - you can make so many things with it.
      xx

      Delete