Saturday 2 April 2022

Saturday, 02-04-22

Good morning!
Woo hoo.  Four and a half pounds off yesterday!  So pleased!  Not slimmer of the week, of course, because I had a gain last week, but I don't mind about that at all, I was just very relieved.

So - new challenge targets for the coming week are . . .
No alcohol (because it is such a trigger)
More than ten speed foods each day
Three SP days

SP days are days when you only have foods that SW designate as speed or protein, plus your healthy extras and up to ten syns.  Basically, it's a way of cutting carbs a bit.
(you can still have 'free' condiments/drinks/etc)

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast:  very delicious - berries are so colourful!

Lunch:  just salt beef with a variety of salad veg.  The beef slices were very thin.

I was satisfied so saved my orange until later.

This was dinner - I went for roasted veg rather than salad in the end.

The mushroom sauce was nice.  Spray fry some chopped onion, add a bit of chicken stock and let it bubble until there's not much left.  The add two or three light cheese triangles (half a healthy A) and let them melt into the stock and mushrooms, stirring often.  I added a bit of mustard powder and a few garlic granules.  Season to own taste.

I was too full for anything more.



Today's plans:  I am aiming for the first of my three SP days today, looking everything up rather than assuming it is protein.  I'm much more au fait with the speed foods.

B:  bacon, egg, potato waffle (synned), mushroom and tomato
I can have the potato waffle as it is synned.
SW:  two syns

L:  cheese and onion toastie, salad; fruit
The bread is my B choice and the cheese is my A.  I want to make some onions like the ones I had on the burger on - was it Wednesday?  Well, whenever!
SW:  one to two healthy extra As, one healthy extra B

D:  zingy chicken tray bake, some green veg; yogurt
A recipe from the SW site - if you have access, you can find it through the recipe tab.
SW:  half a syn for some mustard in the recipe and half a syn for yogurt

Exercise:  Maybe a swim as I didn't yesterday

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three syns

From the freezer:
potato waffle
bread
chicken
butternut squash

5 comments:

  1. Very well done on the weight loss Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze, I was really hellp!
      xx

      Delete
  2. That is amazing! Well done - SP foods really boost things. Off visiting friends shortly in Somerset so bracing myself for having to practise amazing willpower. My poor 90 year old Dad who lives close by (we usually combine a visit) caught Covid on Thursday so no visit (my husband is having chemo). He was off galivanting, so bless him, it was no wonder, but still a worry as he lives alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very sorry to read this - both for your dad and for your husband. Good luck with the visit but remember that you can only control things to a certain degree. (( hugs )) xx

      Delete
  3. Oh well done you, isn’t it amazing how good numbers spur you on. I’ve a fridge ful of perfect SWF8 fodder so will be right back to it on Tuesday after the post Wedding weigh in tomorrow if I make it. If not, I’m back on track anyway- had a fairly settled week really - bout of tummy issues Yesterday but my own fault as I couldn’t resist a whole meal wrap- finding it almost instant now if I eat bread in any shape or form. Which is a shame but on the whole better for me to avoid altogether!

    ReplyDelete