Sunday 3 April 2022

Sunday, 03-04-22

Good morning!
It's not an SP day today and I'm looking forward to a Sunday roast with plenty of trimmings on a ginormous plate.  :-)
Seriously, with all these vegetables I am eating, sometimes my plate can feel 'overfilled', even though my brain is telling me it is all absolutely fine.  I've dug out my meat platter; it isn't a huge one but it looks to have a bit more surface area than the round ones so let's see how it looks.


Yesterday's meals:

A very nice breakfast, half ninja-ed and half in a pan, good and quick!  Then I had a couple of easy peelers
Not so good with a toastie - the cheese melted nicely and the bread was nice and crunchy but the top slice flew up and ended up squiffy - you can see where it has broken when I tried to flatten it.  Very, very crunchy though and it tasted great which is the main thing.

During the afternoon I had a pear and an orange.
This was my SP dinner and it was gorgeous.   A medley of chicken and roasted vegetables and the seasoning was a mix of garlic,  lemon juice and zest, and grain mustard.  Mmmmmm.

I was stuffed but nicely stuffed, not painfully stuffed.

No room for any dessert!


Yesterday's challenge:
no alcohol (obviously)
four syns
sixteen speed fruit and veg - not all large amounts and some repeats but all the same . . .

Today's plans:

B:  breakfast muffins, tomatoes and mushrooms
No, not the sweet ones - the savoury, eggy ones using bacon and mushrooms and, as I have healthy extras to use, I will also add some cheese.  
I'd like to try them in the ninja but I don't have a small enough tin and I don't want to use the silicon ones for this.
Maybe I need to look around for some appropriately sized cookware.
SW:  up to one healthy extra A

L:  roast beef dinner; fruit salad and yogurt
This is a bit of a cheat in that I have three slices of nice lean beef from the deli and I will just warm them up.
To accompany it I will use some of my home made syn free gravy, some roasties, loads of veg and I'm going to try a Yorkshire in the Ninja.  Fingers crossed.  The flour for the Yorkshire is a bit syn-heavy but I will have half of what I made and the other half will be nice with some of my slow braised beef or ox cheek so I will wrap and freeze it.
And if it doesn't work, so be it!
SW:  three and a half syns for the Yorkshire (two and a half for flour, one for some oil while the milk is part of my first A choice) and half a syn for half a tbsp horseradish sauce

D:  chicken and bean casserole, rice, side veg; yogurt
This is just what it says really and is something I often used to make for the children, copied from something Mum used to make. I will load it up with plenty of veg as well for an all in one.  I might even add the rice and cook that in the same pot - why not?
SW:  I think this should be syn free apart from the yogurt for dessert which is half a syn.

Exercise:  Maybe a swim, maybe a walk, I'm not sure yet.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra Bs
four and a half syns (I blame the Yorkshires!)

From the freezer:
chicken
beans

No comments:

Post a Comment