Tuesday 5 April 2022

Tuesday, 05-04-22

Good morning!
Today isn't an SP day.  I've done two and the third will be Thursday.  Other days might end up accidentally nearly SP but that's as may be.  :-)
Nor is it intermittent fasting today as the timings just don't work.
However, every day is a Slimming World day and today is no exception!
Yesterday's meals:

This was so delicious.
The omelette was two eggs, beaten with some sweetener and some vanilla essence.  The fruit was raspberries, strawberries, a plum and some blueberries and I mixed a bit of caramel with the skinny syrup.  So good!
It would have looked better if I could have shaken some icing sugar over it, don't you think?
(I know I * could * but what a waste of syns!)

Loads of salad veg for lunch.  I measured the hummus and it's around two and a half syns.
Then I had a couple of easy peelers.


Dinner was the Caribbean pepperpot stew and I was very pleasantly surprised.  The spice mix was delicious and this is one I will make again, definitely.  Basically, you can add what you like, use the spice mix for seasoning and cook it long and slow - perfect for the slow cooker.

I finished off with a kvarg.

And then I sampled an alcohol free 'gin' and bitter lemon.  It was actually surprisingly nice and I had a second one so that was five syns (two and a half per 100 mls to make a long drink with the diet bitter lemon.  As syns are not a challenge this week and I'm still well within, it's not a problem.

Challenge:
no alcohol
sixteen speed foods
two SP days so far
Today's plans:

B: pancakes or waffles, fruit and yogurt
The same as usual, I just have to decide which healthy extra B to use, zizzed oats, wholemeal flour or oat bran.
I'll have to have this early so I can get to the pool between meals - I don't want to swim on an empty stomach.
SW:  one healthy extra B and half a syn if I have a Mullerlight

L:  salmon and salad; fruit
Just a piece of baked salmon and I might make a little drizzle of lime and mustard
SW:  half a syn for mustard, if I use it

D:  spag bolognaise, cheese, side veg; yogurt
. . . using some cooked mince from the freezer, maybe with added peas and sweetcorn.  The spaghetti is wholewheat; I like it so much more than white spag.  
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese and half a syn for yogurt

Exercise:  I think a swim today.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns

From the freezer:
fruit
salmon
cooked mince
peas and sweetcorn

7 comments:

  1. Mehhhh! 1lb on last evening which after a w/e with friends could have been worse although I thought I'd been quite restrained! Proud of daughter, though, who lost 3lb and was joint Slimmer of the Week! Only half a pound to go for her one and a half stone award. It's my birthday this week so not a straightforward week ahead but will do my best having SP days up to and afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not so bad for a weekend away. I'm sure you were careful but you didn't have control of how things were cooked and that can make a big difference. You'll lose that and more, I am sure.
      Wishing you a very happy birthday, whenever it is.

      Congratulations to daughter - that's a fantastic achievement. Fingers crossed for next week.
      xx

      Delete
  2. At last I can comment again on your lovely recipes. I have had a right old faff with blimmin tinternet this morning but think I've managed to sort it. OMW those sweet omelettes sounds flippin luvverly.. It never even crossed my mind to make a sweet one and it's opened up all manner of breakfast options for me now. If this comment won't post I shall scream so cover your ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, well done. I had a very flaky connection the other day and it took a while to realise it wasn't a problem this end. Being a techno-idiot, I hate it when things don't work as they should.
      Sweet omelettes really are tasty - I rather fancy adding maybe some cocoa powder (and sweetener) and seeing what a chocolate one is like.
      xx

      Delete
    2. I think that's exactly what I'll have for breakfast tomorrow morning.

      Delete
    3. Do let me know, won't you? xx

      Delete