Thursday 7 April 2022

Thursday, 07-04-22

Good morning!
Let's get the confession over first - yesterday evening I had wine.  Bad me.  It was nice though!  🍷

My third SP day today.  My hard copy planning sheet looks a right mess - I've planned and replanned but I think I've got a nice mix now.
I'm still thinking of new challenges for next week.  Tracey Mouse has some days set as syn free days but I don't see the point of that challenge for me (underlined because it's not a criticism of Tracy in any way) as syns are rarely much of an issue for me and I use them to enhance meals rather than to have processed snacks.
I think I will probably go for the meat free days.  
Yesterday's meals:

What a mess!!  It tasted great though and I will have something similar today.

Later on, I munched on a pear.
The open prawn thing was good.  In the end I had a tbsp of seafood sauce and paid the syns and added just a titchy bit of fromage frais, tomato puree and Hendersons and it made quite a nice sauce.
Afters was easy peelers
This was delicious.  The slow roasted beef and gravy just melted in the mouth and the cheesy mash warmed up so well in the ninja and ended up with a nice crusty top, as you can see.  Lovely!
No dessert!

I had some mince leftover from Tuesday and some mash from yesterday so now I have a mini cottage pie in the freezer, perfect for lunch sometime.  Waste not . . .

Challenges:
no alcohol - oooops!!  Failed!
thirteen speeds
still two out of three SP days

Today's plans:

B:   egg on toast with mushrooms and tomatoes
Just a usual cooked breakfast really
SW:  half a healthy extra B and maybe half a syn for some bbq sauce

L:  bacon and mushroom crustless quiche, salad; fruit
I'll make this the same as the breakfast muffins I did the other day but in a larger, more quiche like container and, maybe, in the ninja.  It's got to use less electricity than putting the oven on, hasn't it?
SW:  one healthy extra A for grated cheese and one syn for some super light mayo

D:  chicken and bean stew, konjac rice, perhaps some side veg; yogurt
I made the chicken last weekend - it was supposed to be one portion but, with all the added veg, it made enough for two so I froze one.  The 'rice' is leftovers from Tuesday, I think.
SW:  one syn for the rice and half for the yogurt

Exercise:  rest day

Summary:
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
three syns


From the freezer:
bread
stew
veg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment