Saturday 17 February 2024

Saturday, 17-02-24

Good morning, everyone.

I think I might do a week trying some Pinch of Nom recipes again - not this coming week as I've already planned that but maybe the next week.  I did it a while ago but there are so many books and so many recipes that sound delicious that there's plenty of choice.
Probably not breakfasts though, there aren't so many of them and I don't have problems choosing breakfasts.  
I'll have a ponder and make a plan!

One and a half pounds off yesterday.  Yay!!!  And I won the raffle - again.  A proper win this time, not second because the winner had left early.  It was useful stiff - penne pasta, onions, garlic, two tins of cherry tomatoes and some dried basil.  I'm going to make something with some of it for lunch today.

Yesterday's meal photos:

These went down well - it is surprising how far a very small amount of batter goes.

I'm afraid I was very naughty at lunch and had a bag of mixed nuts.  Nourishing, healthy, great fibre and healthy oils but way outside the syns allowance.  Oh, well, I enjoyed them and once in a while is not going to break the bank.
It doesn't look much dinner and I could have used one of my smaller plates.

To explain the pastry, I made some before Christmas for various nibbles and had some left over so I re-rolled the trimmings aut into circles to fit the top of a one person pie pot, weighted and synned and popped in the freezer.   OK, so re-rolling plays havoc with the lamination but it was still really scrummy.
It was lovely and I have some of the gravy from the casserole for my Sunday roast.

Today's meal plans:

B: scrambled eggs on toast, bit of smoked salmon (if I have any) tomatoes on the side
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  veggie pasta bake, maybe side salad; fruit
I have loads of vegetables and leftover passata and sweetcorn so I am going to make them the base of this, make a tomatoey sauce, add some cooked penne, spoon it over the vegetables, top with grated cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and brown.  I could add some mixed beans for protein.
One of those 'see how it turns out' dishes.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As for cheese

D:  Vietnamese pork; fruit
This is a Simply Cook kit - I am gradually working my way through them . . .
SW:  six syns for half of the kit and I think the other ingredients are all free or speed.

Exercise:  gardening

Summary:  
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six syns

No comments:

Post a Comment