Sunday 18 February 2024

Sunday, 18-02-24

 Good morning, everyone.  Happy SUnday!

Yesterday's meal photos:

A very tasty and filling breakfast which finished off the smoked salmon.  

For an ad hoc meal, this was jolly good and I couldn't resist taking a photos as it came out of the air fryer.
It looks loads but, apart from the sauces, penne pasta and the cheese, it is all vegetables - and, I think, all speed veg as well.

The bottom was leek, cauliflower, sprouts, carrot and sugar snap peas, all softened in the microwave.  The pasta part was onion, roasted pepper (from a jar), mushroom, garlic, passata, some jalapenos slices from a jar, Hendersons, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar with a bit of salt and pepper and when that was all soft I added passata, some tomato puree, some penne pasta and some of the pasta water.  Finally, I stirred in 25g of Seriously Light cheese spread.  
I could have blended the sauce but decided to leave it chunky.
I spooned the pasta and sauce over the other vegetables, sprinkled over a mix of grated cheddar and grated mozzarella and baked it in Nellie for around ten minutes.

It made what looked like a lot but I ate it all - as it was pretty much all vegetable, it sat very comfortably and I felt virtuous as well as satisfied!!

I forgot to say, before adding the soft cheese, I removed half of the penne and sauce and will have that as a penne arrabbiata tonight.

Quite a bit later I had an orange and some grapes.

I had to make a number of subs to the Vietnamese pork.
I didn't have jasmine rice so used basmati
I didn't have shallots so used ordinary onion
I didn't have spring onions so used some chives from the garden (they're an early herb and coming up nicely now)
I didn't have mange tout so used sugar snaps.
And I added some mushroom and some red pepper to the sauce.

And
It
Was
Gorgeous!!!

I was delighted that the rice made four portions and the rest three so I have two more full meals and one portion of rice in the freezer for other times.
It doesn't change the syn situation though because I hadn't realised I would need to add some sugar to the sauce to sweeten and thicken it (so sweetener wouldn't have done at all) so what I won on the three portions instead of two I lost on the sugar. Still six syns and worth every last bit of them.
As you can see, I garnished it with watercress.
No dessert needed.
Today's meal plans:

B:  pancakes, fruit and yogurt
I want to use that heart pancake shaper thingy again and see if I can find a way to keep it flat in the pan so the batter doesn't leak out.  That's my excuse anyway!
SW:  half a healthy extra B for 20g wholemeal SR flour (not SW canon, just something I do because fibre and calories are much the same as 20g oats)

L:  slow roast beef, various veg, Yorkshire 'platter'; fruit
I haven't made a Yorkie 'wrap' that I use as a platter for ages so now's the time as I have defrosted the other half of the silverside joint I slow roasted some weeks ago.  I have some very meaty gravy left over from the casserole on Friday so I can reheat that.  It should be delish.
I think this link might take you straight to the wrap recipe without having to scroll through all the waffle and advertising first.
SW:  two and a half syns for plain flour and two syns for one tsp oil plus one syn for the gravy.  Ojh, and the milk is part of a healthy extra A

D:  beef penne arrabbiata, side salad; fruit
The other half of the penne mix I made yesterday without the soft cheese stirred in. and I can add beef leftovers.  Yummy!
SW:  half a syn for grated Italian cheese on top and two syns for some salad dressing

Exercise:  I will catch a Lindsey pre-record

Summary:  
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
seven and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment