Tuesday 13 February 2024

Tuesday, 13-02-24

Good morning, everyone.  Have a wonderful Pancake Day/Shrove Tuesday.  

Yesterday's meal photos:

Quick, easy, fresh and delicious.  I also had an apple first thing, before circuits.
I nearly forgot to photo this, ooops.  The blue cheese triangles went nicely except that it was a tiny bit too salty after I had added them.

I had three triangles melted in, I ate one on its own and I had one on a bit of fresh bread I had just made (because you have to, don't you? - for which I am counting another four syns.

Afters was an orange and I had another orange later on.  They are so lovely and juicy at the moment.

And dinner.  It wasn't a big turkey steak and I hammered it out a bit.  The breadcrumb and parmesan coating was delicious.  It was all delicious, in fact, and I was too full for anything else.

I have so enjoyed today's food.




Today's meal plans:

B: pancakes, fruit and yogurt
You have to on Pancake Day/Shrove Tuesday, don't you.  Tradition.
I will be trying out the little pancake shape gizmo I won in the raffle last Friday - fingers crossed it works!
SW:  half a healthy extra B and I might have a tbsp agave nectar for two and a half syns - or maybe not!

L:  cheese and chutney open toastie, salad; fruit
It would be a closed toastie but I've already used my other half B on the pancakes.
SW:  around one and a half healthy extra As depending on how much cheese I have, one and a half syns for onion chutney and two syns for salad dressing

D:  chicken makhani, rice, side salad; fruit
This is a Simply Eat kit and I'll cut the syns somewhat by using yogurt instead of cream (and I'm not going out to buy cream specially anyway!).
Chicken makhani is, I believe, also known as butter chicken so I'm going to splash out on butter.  It asks for 15g for two portions.
SW:  the kit is five and a half syns and the butter will be six syns so that's pretty much six syns per serving.

Exercise:  Groove aerobics class

Summary:  
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
twelve syns today - higher than usual but still within.   However, maybe I will skip the agave nectar as it's not exactly necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment