Thursday 1 February 2024

Thursday, 01-02-24

Good morning, everyone
It's not been a great month, on and off, as far as healthy is eating is concerned.  It's not that I haven't hads healthy food - I have, as you've seen.  It is all the other stuff, all the junk and the drinks and the general evening scoffing . . .
You never really get to the end of it, do you - well, most people don't.  The habits and the tendencies still lurk in the background, ready to pounce at vulnerable moments.
I'm definitely weighing tomorrow and then it is off we go yet again!

To prepare for a new start February, yesterday I started a freezer audit, going through the bahs containing fruit, beef/lamb/fish and the bag with chicken/pork/vegetarian.
I was actually really happy with the contents.  Plenty of stuff to make delicious and healthy meals and to help me cut spending while I continue to use it up, plus a few bits and bobs for SUnday roasts and so on.

After I had made my lists. I jotted down meal ideas and started a week long meal plan.  Hopefully, that will help.

And hints re the evening scoffing?  I need to resume the restricted eating windows more rigidly again, for sure.  Maybe up the protein?

Anyway - tomorrow will be shocking and after that, onward and downward and here's hoping I'm back in target range by the end of February!
Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast.  I used a pinch of the avocado topping on the smoked salmon and it was very nice indeed.

Exactly as planned - and tasty.
The peanut butter powder did indeed go really well with the Mayflower sauce.
I'd prepped the chips the day before so had them rather than rice.  After all, Chinese chicken curry and chips is quite a thing and I can see why.

I had some mixed fruit for afters.
Today's meal plans:

B:   fruit and yogurt
SW:  syn free

L:  cheesy tuna penne, side salad; fruit
As I have some of the tuna mix left over and some chick peas, a penne thing should work fine - I'll probably melt some cheese spread into the pasta before adding the tuna.
SW:  one healthy extra A

D:  slow cooker lamb curry, pitta, side salad; fruit
When I was sorting out part of the freezer yesterday, I found some quite old lamb steaks, rather fatty so I looked for and found a recipe on BBC Good Food for a slow cooker lamb curry to use it up.   https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/slow-cooker-lamb-curry
I made it up yesterday evening and it's been 'festering' overnight in the fridge.  It's now in the slow cooker for a long and slow simmer - and it looks to be making way more than two portions which is good because lamb is so costly.
I used korma paste rather than Madras because that's what I have and I don't have kale but I do have some pak choy that needs using so I'll add that later.  I plan to get it cooked this morning (which is why it is on now at half past five) and then reheat it at dinner time when I will add the pak choy.  The flavours should develop too.
I'll have a wholemeal pitta instead of rice.
SW:  I think the only thing that needs synning is the curry paste - and that's a low fat version so I'm calling it three syns to be ultra safe.  Also one B for the pitta

Exercise:  SET class online

Summary: 
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
three syns

No comments:

Post a Comment