Tuesday 27 February 2024

Tuesday, 27-02-24

Good evening, everyone.  I'm still getting used to this evening thing and it does feel odd.

What I ate today on Slimming World:

Good old beans on toast - perfect for after an energetic Groove class and a walk.  I didn't burn the toast - that's marmite!
Half a healthy extra B for the bread.

I had already had an apple before Groove, for energy.

I adapted the recipe I found for lunch.  I made a simple dressing using orange juice and zest, white wine vinegar, tiny bit of Dijon mustard and honey and some olive oil - three syns altogether.  I didn't have the watercress the recipe asked for and I used my other half B for some croutons.  Oh, and added other salad bits and some mixed seeds.  So, really, not at all like the base recipe but very nice and I must remember that dressing - it was really good.
Four syns and half a healthy extra B

And after I had thoroughly enjoyed it, I went into the kitchen and found the orzo, cooked earlier, still sitting on the side.  Doh.  
Now I have to plan something with orzo for tomorrow, don't I?

Later on, I had a couple of easy peelers and an apple.

The easiest dinner in the world - a lasagne from the freezer, thawed and reheated in Nellie.  Very delicious with simple tomatoes on the side.
I had some yogurt for afters.
One A and three syns for the lasagne.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
seven syns

Tomorrow's meal plans:

B: breakfast bake topped with egg
I think I will air fry sweet potato, onion, pepper, mushroom and tomato - and perhaps some chopped bacon for the flavour.
SW:  should be SW free or just one syn if I add some brown sauce (which I probably will)

L:  chicken salad; fruit
I'll probably make this a bit Caesar-ish using some lighter Caesar dressing plus croutons, hard Italian cheese and seeds.
And orzo!!!
SW:  up to one healthy extra A, half to one healthy extra B, one syn for mixed seeds and two and a half syns for a tbsp Caesar dressing (M&S light kind)

D:  Vietnamese curry, rice, side salad; fruit
The last of the Simply cook kit and I will look out for that in the shops to make again because it was lovely.
SW:  six syns for the curry

Exercise:  personal training


No comments:

Post a Comment