Monday 18 March 2024

Monday evening, 18-03-24

Good evening, everyone. 
I know what I said but I have just made another b atch of rice pudding, four portions, for the freezer.  I checked and you can happily freeze rice pudding.
Half a healthy extra A per portion.  Nice!


What I ate today on Slimming World:

I took advantage of the comparative warmth and sunshine to have my first outdoor breakfast of the year.  Come the summer, it is one of my biggest small pleasures to get up, open the French windows and have coffee basking in the warmth of early sunlight in the garden.   While it is nowhere near summer warmth yet, it was lovely this morning so I decided to make the most of it.
I made the bubble and squeak mixture and cooked everything together on my teppanyaki - I haven't used it for ages and it was nice to give it an airing.
The mixture made seven 'cakes' so I had the three smallest ones and the others will go in the freezer (oh, dear) and be planned into two more meals, maybe breakfasts, maybe not.  The egg broke but that was OK - it still tasted great!
A third of a healthy extra B - slightly awkward but I can add some milk to my soup at lunch time.

When I looked, the soup was not broccoli and cauliflower, it was broccoli and butterbean.  Absolutely lovely - creamy textured and tasty with added cheese triangles and a splash of milk.  
I love croutons with soup too.
Two thirds of a healthy extra A and one B.  Syn free.
Dessert was an orange and a few hours later I had a couple of plums.
When it came to it, I didn't bother cooking and shredding an omelette to add to the nasi goreng, I just splashed over some soy sauce.
I had some bits of salad left from yesterday so I just added leaves and tomatoes and dumped the lot in the bowl.
Really good, very filling and satisfying.  No room for any dessert.
Two syns for the rice and one for salad dressing.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
three syns


Tomorrow's meal plans:

B:  crumpet thin, h m guacamole, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes
SW:  two syns for avocado, three for the crumpet thin

L:  cassoulet, croutons, cheese; fruit
I can't remember how thick this is but I'm treating it like a thick soup anyway
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese and one B for croutons

D:  mild lamb curry, rice, maybe some veg; fruit
I seem to remember this really was very mild but maybe the flavour has developed in the freezer.  I not, I could add a pinch of dried chilli flakes, maybe.
SW:  should be syn free

Exercise:  Groove class, a walk there and back and then I'm off to Beth's to help with some clearing which will p4robably involve plenty of walking bending, lifting, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment