Sunday 10 March 2024

Sunday evening, 10-03-24

Good evening, everyone.

I've been busy planning to use stuff up today.
1.   I had a large garlic bulb and I know how they can shrivel up after a while so I took it apart, removed the papery skin and popped all the cloves into a pot with a tight lid and it's now in the freezer, all ready to use as needed.
(Thanks for the idea, Sue H)
2.  I had part of a cauliflower that was browning in a few patches so I cut off the brown, popped the florets in Thermione the thermomix and popped the resulting 'rice' into the freezer after drying it off.  I'm not sure how much I like cauliflower rice but I'm sure there are some decent recipes out there; I just need to search.
3.  I knew I would have ham and veg leftover from lunch so I decided not to use the other half jacket potato but save it to make ham, veg and potato cakes for dinner tomorrow.  That meant changing the planning somewhat, but that was OK, no problem.
4.  I opened a vacu pack of cooked beetroot that was nearing its date, roasted some, cut the rest into chunks and they are also in the freezer for another time.

Can you see the halo?  👼

To counter that, I realised that my Nutracheck membership had finished so I re-subscribed for another year.  I know SW isn't about calories but it's jolly useful when needing to check something or put together a recipe and, for £3 a month, it's worth every penny.
So the halo isn't the least bit wonky really.

What I ate today on Slimming World:

Omelette and tomatoes - very fresh and tasty.
Half an A for some grated hard Italian cheese.
The ham roast dinner.  Instead of roasted potato, parsnip or whatever, I roasted some cooked beetroot and it was lovely
So was the sauce - some softened onion, some Seriously cheddar light and some grain mustard.  I softened the onion, added the cheese and a bit of water to slacken and then stirred in the grain mustard.  I will do that one again.
Dessert was an apple.
Almost one healthy extra A - the rest of the A will do to spread over the bread for my evening meal - and half a syn for the grain mustard

Later on, I had an orange and a pear.

A whoppa of a sandwich for tea using healthy extras, chutney and lots of speed food.  Really satisfying!
Half an A, one B and omne and a half syns for chutney.  The ham was as lean as ham can possibly be - it's a Be Good To Yourself gammon joint from, Sainsbury's.
No dessert but I spent two and a half syns on a couple of boiled sweets, making each one last as long as I could

Summary:
pretty much two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns
Tomorrow's meal plans:

B:  fruit
Just fruit because I have a friend over for lunch so will have it (lunch) earlier than usual
SW:  speed/free

L:  cheesy ham and chutney toastie, salad; fruit
SW:  up to two As, one B, one and a half syns for chutney, one for mixed seeds

D:  ham and leftover cakes, side veg or salad
The idea is to mush the veg together, add shredded ham and some grated Italian cheese (10g should be enough), add seasonings, shape and spray fry or maybe bake in a dish in Nellie.  A fried egg on top might be very nice.
SW:  two syns for cheese

Exercise:  Lindsey's circuits class, maybe a Beat the Street walk.

4 comments:

  1. I like the sound of those ham and potato cakes Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you. Me too. I think they will be really nice. I'll let you know. :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Leftovers make us think of inventive ways to use them up, and are often tastier than the original thing - I love leftovers. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You almost feel you are getting something for nothing, don't you? xx

      Delete