Thursday 14 March 2024

Thursday evening, 14-03-24

Good evening, everyone.  Weigh day tomorrow; fingers, eyes and toes are all crossed.  I can't have another gain, can I?  

I turned a bit bakey this morning.  It's been my friend Chris' birthday today. Usually we just have coffee together on Thursdays but I made a small  batch of flapjacks for the occasion.  I put the recipe in Nutracheck and it came out at 109 calories per flapjack or five and a half syns.  However, it contains oats, which are a healthy extra B which brings the syns down a bit.  Only a quarter of a B, I know, thirty-ish calories but it takes it down to around four syns plus a quarter of a B.
One could (I could, anyway)  make it up to a complete B with one and a half tbsp pumpkin seeds.

The other bake was a wholemeal loaf.  The house smelled amazing all morning!  Tomorrow, I will sl;ice it (it slices better second day) and pop it all in the freezer.



What I ate today on Slimming World:

OK, first, the elephant in the room.  Here's the flapjacks, made for Chris' birthday coffee and chat.
I had one, just one, OK?  Chris has one and she took the rest home for here and Steve to enjoy later.
I really did enjoy it.
Five and a half syns (because I had my B for lunch).

If you're interested, I used a 3-2-1 ratio (oats, butter, sugar) and baked at 160C for 15 mins followed by 5 to 10 minutes at 200C.  If you want them soft, stay at 160C and give them about 25 mins-ish.

Apologies for the awful light.  This was breakfast - I decided to go minimal after the flapjack.

Syn free

It's so much better when I can take photos in the sun.

Viking toast is really a glorified Welsh rarebit and very, very tasty.
One healthy extra A and one B.

Later on, I had some fruit.

This really was very nice and this is what I did.

I mixed a dollop of Greek yogurt with a level tbsp low fat peanut butter powder and a dash of water and stirred it well together before setting it aside.

I spray fried some thinly sliced onion and half an apple, cored and cut into thin segments, until the apple was browning and set that aside too.

In the same pan, I aspray fried some chicken breast, sliced thinly and some sliced mushroom.
When the chicken was cooked, I added back the onion and apple and brought up to a nice sizzle.

To that, I added half a tsp chicken stock powder and a splash of water to incorporate it all.
I took it off the heat and as soon as the bubbling died down (so the yogurt wouldn't split), I poured in the yogurt and peanut butter and stirred it all well.  I added a milling of black pepper and that was that.
Really nice, served with some boiled broccoli.
I was full so nothing for afters
One and a half syns for the peanut butter powder and that was it.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
seven syns - including the flapjack.

Tomorrow's meal plans:

B: breakfast bake with egg on top
SW:  I think this should be syn free unless I add some brown sauce for one syn

L:  cheese and apple toastie, side salad; fruit
SW:  the rest of my healthy extra As, one healthy extra B, one syn for salad cream

D:  peshawari style baked chicken, broccoli; fruit
A Pinch of Nom recipe.
SW:  a bit of a healthy extra A and four syns - I think.  Of course, I will check properly before making it.

Exercise:  a walk

2 comments:

  1. I'm crossing my fingers for you tomorrow morning Joy - I'm sure you'll have a loss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do hope so, Sooze, but, if not, I know I have eaten well and healthily pretty much all week and that's the main thing really.
      (but fingers crossed . . . )
      Thanks. xx

      Delete