Saturday 2 March 2024

Saturday, 02-03-24

Good evening, everyone.  I only managed to take one photo yesterday evening; that was starters.  After then, I was far too busy chatting, getting stuff, etc, etc, to remember about taking photos and, anyway, the table started to look like a dog's dinner after a while.  You know how it goes!

Daughter, Beth, brought some dips and dippers.  Did I stick to the vegetable crudités?  Did I heck!!  ;-)

It was all lovely though, despite the overnight and today's indigestion.   Gallbladders do have their uses!  :-)


What I ate today on Slimming World:

I started off with the fruit I had prepped for the Not Pimms and which was not needed plus some yogurt.  Very nice and fresh and sat comfortably in my tum.  However . . . 

. . . I felt hungry well before lunch time, maybe because of the extra exercise.
As I hadn't planned in my healthy extra B, I decided to toast some wholemeal bread and spread it with marmite.  It did the trick - I was satisfied and my conscience was clear.
Lunch was a portion of pasta bake - There was one portion of Beth's vegetarian bake left and three of the other so I've popped Beth and two of the meat portion in the freezer.  Given how many portions I got from it, there's no way it can be five syns as well as the healthy As - I'm still calling it two syns to be on the safe side, but two syns max and most of it was syn free ingredients apart from the cheese sauce..Two syns for some dressing on the salad too.

While on the subject of leftovers, there was a bit of garlic bread left over to and, as I wasn't sure whether garlic bread was good for birds, I zizzed it into breadcrumbs and now I have some very flavoursome frozen breadcrumbs to use when needed.  Waste not . . .

Dinner was a SW curry, from a recipe in the Ultimate Curry Cookbook.  It was very nice but I was thinking of a different recipe, not that one.  Maybe what I wanted to cook was a Pinch of Nom recipe and it might possibly have been katsu not korma - I will have a look again.

It hasn't photographed very well but not to worry.

Summary
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns



Tomorrow's meal plans:

B: cooked brekky - bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes - and possibly a crumpet thin
SW:  should be syn free

L:  roast lamb, roasties, veg, mint sauce, gravy; fruit
I do enjoy a Sunday roast.
SW:  two syns for gravy and I think that's it.

D:  shredded lamb salad roll/pitta, side salad; fruit
SW:  one healthy extra B and two synd for salad dressing

Exercise:  A walk, weather permitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment