Sunday 28 July 2024

Sunday evening, 28-07-24

Good evening, everyone!
I've become quite fond of splashing a bit of fruit flavoured vinegar on my salad.  I had a couple of little bottles of the stuff - one was raspberry based and one strawberry (with herbs but can't remember exactly what without looking).  One had now finished and the company has stopped making them, darn it!

So I thought 'How hard can it be?', did a bit of Googling and found a recipe for lemon vinegar that looked really straightforward.  Seeing as I had an overabundance of lemons right now, I had a go and it is now refrigerating for two to three days.  If that works, I might try additions - lemon and thyme?  lemon and garlic?

I'll let you know.
What I ate today

I had an apple earlier as I was feeling peckish.
Breakfast was a selection of fruit, eaten out in the sunshine.  Lovely!


After dithering around for a while, I decided to see how the lentil wraps behaved in a quesadilla type thing.
I softened onion, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes with a bit of chopped bacon and some seasonings, spread it over one wrap, added grated cheese, topped with the other wrap and used my wonderful Lekue microwave toastie thingy.
How did it work out?  Well, I think the filling was too sloppy as it didn't crisp up in the middle so it had to be eaten with a knife and a fork but it was really tasty.  When I've made some more wraps, I will have a go with a dryer filling because I really want to have something similar again.
One healthy extra A for cheese.

Later on, I had some water melon and a nectarine

Dinner was the second of this batch of SWK meals, 'best ever bolognaise'.  It wasn't as nice as I make it, to be honest, it certainly wasn't 'best ever' and I ignored the last bit of the instructions and cooked it long and slow in my slow cooker - I love slow cooked mince and it makes the house smell very tasty!
I haven't had much cooked veg recently as it's really salad season, so I had sides of broccoli and carrots.  Very nice, even though the broccoli looked somewhat 'rusty'.
Mind you, the amount it made!!!  Five portions - yes, FIVE.  Most is going into the freezer and when I use it up, I will add some balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and Hendersons as I always do to give it a bit of a zing.
Dessert was a sort of Eton mess thingy made with yogurt, strawberries and a crushed meringue nest - lovely.
Two and a half syns for the meringue.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra Bs
two and a half syns

My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit, of course

L: bolognaise stuffed pepper, side salad; fruit

D:  golden butterbean and veggie paella, side salad (if needed); fruit
The last of this month's SWK box recipes - hope it is nice.

Exercise:   a bit problematic.  I have a blood test booked just before circuits so, depending on whether I get it done early or late (which is not up to me), I will go to the last part of circuits if I can.  However, I have also booked an online Groove class in the evening so one way or another I will get my exercise!.

Just to explain, over the five weeks of the summer break, starting tomorrow, if you pay for one block of classes, fine, if you pay for two, you get unlimited access to any other class as well.  I always subscribe to two classes (Groove and circuits) so why not make the most of it and enjoy some extra classes.

Personal Training is separate from classes - I'll still be doing those anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment