Wednesday 24 July 2024

Wednesday evening, 24-07-24

Good evening, everyone!

The party at school last night was lovely and it was so good to see old colleagues.
The fish and chips - not so lovely so it was no hardship to leave a reasonable amount.  I was satisfied but not tempted to eat on.  There was no opportunity to take a photo.
What I ate today

As always, fruit for breakfast.  The kiwi wasn't so nice, not ripe enough, so I'm afraid that was wasted.
Syn free.
Grandson was round and I made us both a cheese, bacon and chutney toastie with salad and coleslaw for lunch.  It was delicious.
Afters was a apple.
One healthy extra A, one healthy extra B, one and a half syns for chutney and one syn for salad cream in the coleslaw.
I know this looks a right mess but it was delish.  I gently spray fried onion until caramelising and then added pepper, mushroom and tomato, some old bay seasoning and some garlic granules, plus some shreds of bacon I had left, a splash of water and some chicken stock.
Cooked the penne, reheated the sauce, added a bit of yogurt and mixed it in (off the heat so it didn't split), and then mixed the penne and the sauce together.   The salad is what was left over from lunch.
I didn't add any cheese and I'm glad I didn't.  
Totally lovely!
Syn free.

Summary
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns
My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit

L:  cheesy bean lentil wrap bake, salad; fruit
I have a friend round so am trying this out on her.  

D:  creamy steak and mushroom, side salad; fruit

Exercise:   SET online

2 comments:

  1. I could eat everything you've shared there Joy. It all looks and sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all very delicious.
      Thanks, Cherie. xx

      Delete