Friday 15 May 2020

Friday, 15-05-20

Good morning!

Yesterday's breakfast was more fruit salad with yogurt.

Here's lunch.  I used half a can of tuna so have half to use up today one way or another.

I do like quesadillas.

And I do like a noodle bolognaise too.




I made a good old batch of savoury mince yesterday in the slow cooker.  Instead of packing in all the veg under the sun (which is what I had  originally intended), I made it a base with onion, mince, lentils, oats, chopped tomatoes, stock and seasonings, plenty of seasonings including herbs from the garden, grlic and a bit of cajun spice (just a very little bit so it seasons without strongly flavouring).
My reasoning was because I have got into the pattern of getting out a portion, adding loadsa extra veg and appropriate seasonings and then finding I have too much for one portion so it lasts for two days (like today).
The base mince is now in little pots (fifteen of them) which, with vegetable additions, will be right for one portion.  If I want only mince I can use two little pots-worth.


Today's plans
B:  bacon and tomatoes
SW:  free

L:  tuna melt on toast; yogurt
This is the other half of the tuna from yesterday, mixed with mayo and cheese and spread on toast before popping under the grill  Nice.
SW:  one heA and one heB plus a few syns because I intend to have two slices of bread (so I need to weigh what I use)

D:  chilli con carne, posh rice, runner beans; yogurt or fruit
Using the other half of yesterday's mince, kidney beans and chilli plus some posh rice (from the freezer)
SW:  half a syn for the mince, one syn for the posh rice (a third of a pouch) and one heA for the cheese on top

S:  None

Body Magic: half an hour of personal training with Lindsey and pushing the mower around the allotment

Summary:
two heAs and one heB
about four syns

2 comments:

  1. Chilli for me tonight too, cooked yesterday so a nice easy meal to start the weekend. This has felt like a long week so I was very happy to get off my bike after exercising this morning knowing I have two days off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice and easy and very flavoursome. Lovely!
      xx

      Delete