Sunday 3 May 2020

Sunday, 03-05-20

Good morning.

I had a message from SW consultant Jennifer saying I'd got Slimmer of the Month for April.  I know a lot has been taken on trust at the moment but I've been very honest so I'm well chuffed.

I took this photo of the breakfast omelette as soon as I lifted the lid of the maker as it starts to drop by the time it hits the plate.  Into the egg I added a bit of cottage cheese, some mustard [powder, a few garlic granules and the usual seasonings.

 This is how the potato and bean cakes looked before spray frying.  I also added some chopped roasted red pepper (from a jar) because they needed some colour (the white is spray oil before it's heated up) plus garlic granules, onion granules and black pepper.

I find the jars of red peppers in brine are great value.  By the time you consider that there's seven or eight red peppers in the jar AND they've been de-seeded, roasted and skinned for you, I reckon they are good value.


And here are the 'cakes' after frying.  Really, really nice.
Curries don't photograph all that well.  This was a bung anything in curry; The leftover hummus went in as I wasn't going to waste it and I even added some pineapple which was surprisingly nice.  It was very spicy, thanks to the largest dried chilli from last year's garden harvest.
I'm very glad there are three more portions.


Today's meal plans:
B:  bacon and tomatoes
SW:  free

L:  one of the pots of leftover mixed bean curry; apple
I will sprinkle over some grated cheese and some nice, cooling yogurt.
SW:  half a syn for the curry and one heA for cheese

D:  pulled pork with roasties and veg
I've never made pulled pork but when I went shopping yesterday I thought, why not?  Morrisons had some nice looking joints so I got the smallest which should do me for several meals.
I've searched for recipes and it seems to me that you can basically use whatever you fancy so I'll have onion and leek which should cook down to pretty much nothing, a can of chopped tomatoes and a little pot of leftover white wine from the freezer, plus some roasted red pepper (I have one left in the opened jar) and things like balsamic vinegar, smoked paprika, soy sauce, Lea and Perrins, and other stuff vaguely bbq-ish (and sw free).
It's a slow cooker recipe so I will need to get it started soon.
SW:  At the moment, I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how many syns it will be, nor how many portions it will make.  I'll work it out as I go and edit later.

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  allotment work, gardening at home (providing it doesn't rain)

Summary:
one heA
half a syn plus whatever the pulled pork takes

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Slimmer of the Month Joy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Lyn. I was very surprised.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Huge congratulations, it's not an easy time to lose weight. Your omelette maker looks amazing. I think I may have to invest in one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only got it because it was an Aldi cheapo and I really wasn't sure, but I am very glad I got it now. It makes a great breakfast/lunch/
      xx

      Delete