Wednesday 27 May 2020

Wednesday, 27-05-20

Good morning.

A simple and filling breakfast yesterday.  Two Aldi skinny sausages (one syn), de-skinned, each cut into four, rolled into little balls and spray fried before adding half a can of baked beans and one tbsp bbq sauce (half a syn).

Perfect, eaten out in the warm sunshine.

(the book is Scarlet Feather by Maeve Binchey, if you were trying to read what's on Kindle).
This filled a few gaps at lunch time and it was followed by a Mullerlight yogurt.

A nice dinner - hunter's chicken, chips and a mix of tomatoes and red pepper.  I have another hunter's chicken for tomorrow as well - yummy.

Dessert was coffee egg custard which was nice but I only took the photo because the strawberry is the first picked from the garden this year - and it was wonderful.  There's a couple more strawberries that will be ready for this evening and another egg custard (half a heA).  Lovely!


Today's plans:
B:  beans on toast.
Using the half can of beans opened yesterday and a pat of butter
SW:  one heB and three syns (for the butter)

L:  burger and beetroot slaw; Mullerlight
Just what it says really
The beetroot will be in a wholemeal roll with one tbsp onion chutney and a bit of salad and the slaw is rather an experiment really, adapted from a recipe on the BBC Good Food site
SW:  one heB and one syn for the chutney

D:  balsamic glazed sausages with roasted vegetables, runner beans; egg custard with garden strawberries (nom nom)
This is a recipe from the Slimming World site, Lifeline Online.  I don't have courgettes so will just miss them out (I might add baby corn instead) and I will exchange potato for sweet potato.
SW:  half a heA for the egg custard (made yesterday)

S:  none

Body Magic:  half an hour of personal training

Summary:
I've swappeed around and am having half a heA and two heBs today
four and a half syns
two new recipes - three, if you count the beetroot slaw - and I'll let you know



9 comments:

  1. I've made the beetroot slaw and my adaptation was to replace the honey with some grated apple - i had really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to use sweetener but grated apple is a great idea, thank you. I only have cooked beetroot too so will be using that instead.
      Thanks, Jane.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I really do try. One of these days I shall have a day eating UNhealthily, I think, and see what I fancy. I wonder if I will really enjoy it or whether the thought is more enticing than the deed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of Maeve Binchey and have read most of her books. Currently enjoying all my Jenny Colgan books again. I am glad I kept them as it's ages since I read them and had almost forgotten the stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not come across Jenny Colgan. I'll look her up!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I used to read lots of Maeve Binchey books, they are an easy read. But I'm really into crime at the moment. Your food looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very readable and you really feel her characters are friends.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Can't wait for the fisrt of the British strawberries. I've ordered some on my next shopping delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have a lovely flavour, don't they?
      xx

      Delete