Monday 18 May 2020

Monday, 18-05-20

Morning.

Interesting thought - if things hadn't gone upsy downsy with the virus, right now I would be on holiday, struggling with being on holiday eating and yet so close to target.  By the end of the week, I'd have given up the struggle and come home pounds heavier.
Silver lining - a personal one, I mean.
That's not to say it isn't all a bit of a struggle at times.  It can be.  However, nothing like being away and surrounded by goodies all the time.

I took this photo when I made up the overnight oats on Saturday evening for the simple reason that when I scraped it out of the jar, it would look a right mess.  And it did.  Tasted great though!  Strawberry yogurt with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and pineapple.  Mmmmmm . . .

It looks a lot in the jar, doesn't it?


Lunch:  sausage and cheesy beans.
I de-skinned the sausages and cut each one into four, rolled them into eight meatballs and spray fried them before adding the leftover baked beans.  I'd already added some tomato puree to the beans yesterday or I might have added some bbq sauce.  The cheese was one and a bit heAs-worth so, combined with the milk in the oats, that's my two SAs.  I finished it off with an orange and felt satisfied.


This was a delicious dinner.  The beef was very tender and there's plenty left for other meals, starting today!

Yes, I missed the roasties, but it wasn't a tragedy.


Today's plans:
B:  boiled eggs and tomatoes
SW:  free

L:  beef salad roll; fruit
Just what it says, using my heB and a few syns for onion relish.
SW:  one heA (for cheese spread instead of butter), one heB and up to three syns for sauce/relish (it won't be as much as that, I think, I'm just playing safe)

D:  chilli beef stir fry
I was looking for recipes to use up some of the leftover beef and found this.
https://recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/recipes/20-minute-recipes/mild-chilli-beef-stir-fry
It looks lovely, I have all the ingredients (I have five spice powder so will use that) and I will swap the egg noodles for protein noodles.  I'll add some of my frozen bean sprouts to the mix as well.
SW:  two syns for the noodles and two syns for one tsp sesame oil

S: slices of beef

Body Magic:  allotment work, a walk

Summary:
one heA and one heB
seven syns

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Laurie. I've enjoyed it all so far.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds so tasty and varied. Love your plates too. I'm a sucker for nice crockery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I think it really enhances the whole 'experience'. I am using my cut glass Edinburgh crystal as well - it seemed daft to just have them sitting behind cupboard doors.
      xx

      Delete