Saturday 23 May 2020

Saturday, 23-05-20

Morning!

I didn't take a photo of yesterday's breakfast but here's lunch.
Eaten out in the garden, it was a very pleasant experience!
Quiche, a mixed salad and the other half of the minty couscous which had mellowed beautifully and I wish I'd had more left.

Dinner was simple and very delicious!

And here's some radishes I picked from the allotment.  Scrummy.
I did, however, goof up.  I went shopping yesterday morning and treated myself to some Irn Bru 'Lite'.  I rather like Irn Bru once in a while.  It went into the fridge to chill and then I had a can - then another - and another.  Yes, piggy, but it's a rare treat.
It was when I was on the fourth can, late in the afternoon, that I looked at the can and turned cold.   Of course, it wasn't a diet drink at all, it was the full fat variety.  Aaaarrrggghhh.  I'm sure I picked up the right kind but, obviously, not.
So that drove a coach and horses through my carefully planned day.  I clawed back some calories by not having the cheese on the chips and I hadn't wanted my apple after lunch, plus I was well down on syns but I was annoyed with myself.
It'll teach me to look more carefully in future - and also, maybe, not to be quite so greedy!  :-)

 Today's plans:
B:  none
(see dinner)

L: salad and fruit down the allotment
SW:  one syn for some dressing

D:  barbecue in the garden.
I'm stepping off the SW wagon for one meal, not because I'm going crazy with the food but just as a bit of a change.
I thought I would have a vegetable skewer, chicken, sausages, all in some sort of marinade, mixed salad and, for dessert, an egg custard.
Not very lavish but my appetite is smaller than it was and even having chicken AND sausages seems quite a lot.
And  I may have brushed oil on the skewers, at least.
 I'm really looking forward to it!
For drink, as well as the irn bru, which I will give to Alex, I  treated myself to some diet Lilt - and it really is, I've checked - as I love Lilt.

S:  none

Body Magic:  allotment work

No summary today.  Back on the wagon again tomorrow.


5 comments:

  1. Oh what a shock for you. I often wondered, when we used to go out for a drink in our favourite pub, when was that I can't remember, if they do actually give you diet coke from the little soft drink 'petrol pump' dispenser. Upwards and onwards,Joy. You'll get there, PMA (positive mental attitude if any of your readers haven't come across it) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite cross with myself. Sheer carelessness and nothing else. Ooops!
      xx

      Delete
  2. It originates in Scotland and it's sort of sweet and a bit spicy too. It is tasty, yes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irn bru!!! First time I have ever seen this on a blog. Made in Scotland from girders ����. I do prefer the sugar free version though. Scotty living in Wales but many happy times in Writtle at the equine college. Julie C X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right - made from girders. That always makes me laugh!
      Writtle is a lovely village, I think.
      xx

      Delete