Sunday 24 May 2020

Sunday, 24-05-20

Morning!
Unusually, I have no photos for you.  That's because I had no breakfast, lunch was down the allotment and I just forgot about a dinner photo, not that it would have looked great because - you know - barbie food comes in drips and drabs.

Although I wasn't hungry through the day, I did have a craving to eat and eat and eat.  I wonder if that was the accidental sugar from Friday's mistake.  I don't have very much sugar nowadays apart from that found naturally in fruit, etc.  It could also have been the reason I didn't sleep well at all over Friday night, thinking about it.

Anyway, I had a yogurt extra and a few satsumas and after all the barbie food, I was stuffed anyway.  Two chicken thighs and two skinny sausages with random veg on a skewer might not sound much but it's more than I'm used to and to the mix I added a wholemeal roll at the last moment as I fancied the sausages in a bun.  So I did get a healthy extra B in there.

I made the egg custard using a different recipe - eggs and flavoured yogurt, basically.  I used a coffee flavoured yogurt and, while the flavour was lovely, the texture was quite different, not the least how I expect an egg custard to be, so I will go back to the egg and milk version, use 250 mls semi-skimmed milk instead of 280, so I can call it just a healthy extra A and add flavourings from my collection of 'essences'.  It's nice with vanilla and it should also be lovely with coffee essence too.
I might try that tomorrow.

Today's plans:
B:  bacon, egg and tomato
SW:  free

L:  roast beef and a mixed salad; satsuma
The beef is a slice from last week's slow roast which I froze in single slices and the salad is just - salad.  I might make some slaw and add to it a few dried apricots, chopped, and half a tbsp each of pumpkin and sunflower seeds which will total one heB
SW:  creamed horseradish is half a level tbsp for one syn and I have some Crucials mint dressing which is half a syn for a level tbsp for the slaw plus one heB for the spricots and seeds.

D:  chicken and apple stir fry, protein noodles; strawberries and fluff
This is an old recipe for which I can't find the original but I can remember some of it.  Basically, you stir fry some appropriate veg (I have onion, baby corn, pepper and mushroom) with thin strips of chicken breast and thinly sliced eating apple, add liquid (it should be white wine or cider but I will use stock) and seasonings, add some philly and thicken if necessary and then mix with cooked pasta or noodles.
I have some Philly super light which I will use and, naughty me, call it my heA (it used to be).  Cheese wedges are too cheesy for this.
I have some protein noodles which were on YS and need using.
Thinking frugally, I will probably only need half of the chicken breast so I will keep the rest in the fridge for tomorrow.
SW:  thickening granules are one syn per level tsp and I might only need one tsp of it.  The Philly will be my healthy extras (naughty) and a third of the pack of noodles will be two syns.
The fluff totals two syns but I very much doubt I will have it all in one day.

S:  none

Body Magic:  a walk

Summary:
up to two beAs and one heB
seven syns if I have all the fluff


2 comments:

  1. Yes Joy, I'm quite sure your craving to eat would have been sugar induced. Happens to me on the odd occasions I eat something sugary, which I generally avoid of course, being diabetic. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sooze and Laurie, it's actually very helpful to have that confirmed and a great relief.
    xx

    ReplyDelete