Saturday 2 May 2020

Saturday, 02-05-20

Good morning!

I didn't take any photos of breakfast - it was just a bowl for mixed fruit and a dollop of yogurt.

Lunch:  The roasted red pepper hummus was really nice, better than I expected.  Also, the quartered portion was enough for more than one meal so I will be using it for lunch today.

For all its posh name, this was just a really nicely flavoured chicken stew and I enjoyed it very much indeed.  I founds a lonely turkey steak in the freezer so used that instead of a chicken breast.  It made a smaller quantity but, as you can see, just right for a substantial meal.
The mash was potato, swede, celeriac and a bit of carrot that was leftover from lunch with a hefty two syn portion of grated cheddar - and I have almost half left for today!


Today's meal plans are:
B:  mushroom omelette; fruit
Just what it says - no fancy extras!
SW:  free

L:  bean-mashburger and salad; piece of fruit
I'll get a few pulses out of the freezer, mash them up with the leftover mash and and some seasonings and spray fry it in a burger shape (or shapes).  I'll use the leftover roasted pepper hummus as a sauce.
SW:  a bit tricky to work out.  The mash has one heA of cheese, more or less and the hummus has half a syn's worth of oil, more or less.  If I make a coleslaw, it will take half a syn' worth of super light mayo.

D:  chickpea curry, posh rice, maybe a green salad on the side; fruit and/or yogurt
Rummaging in the cupboard, I found the box of curry spice mixes and realised it's been ages since I had a curry.  I got out one entitled 'Kiren's any bean curry mix' and checked the recipe (they all come with a recipe) which has onion, chopped tomatoes, mixed beans and leaf coriander.  Well, it won't get any coriander, I loathe the stuff; it will have to be satisfied with some parsley.  What it will get is a nice mix of vegetables to make it a whole meal in one.  I've said posh rice but might have a go at cauliflower 'rice' instead as I have plenty of that particular veg at the moment.
SW:  three syns for half a tbsp oil (loads less than the recipe says) and one syn for posh rice if I have it.

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  some step exercise as shown by Lindsey

Summary:
one heA.  Ooops!
five syns
(it doesn't seem much for a day's eating, does it)
It's the first vegetarian day I've had for quite a while.


2 comments:

  1. I love a good chickpea curry. My local Hindu centre do a fabulous one and the whole community can eat there for a very small price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fantastic. I don't think we have anything like that round here.
      xx

      Delete