Thursday 7 May 2020

Thursday, 07-05-20

Good morning.

Yesterday's meals were so delicious.  I'm loving SW at the moment.

Baked beans are lovely, aren't they?  On good toast with some butter, they can't be beaten.

The leftover hunter's chicken went a treat with a couple of sliced tomatoes.

I wasn't sure about this.  Roasted cauliflower cheese.  But you know what - it was amazing.  Really flavoursome.  If you have the SW mag, it is p61.  I decided to make sweet potato wedges and they went perfectly.  I made extra so I can try another recipe today.

I did change the sauce:  I beat together one egg, 80g quark, half a tsp dijon mustard, seasonings and 30g gruyere (because it melts so well) and sprinkled 15g of the same over the top of the whole dish.  It came to one and a half heAs.

A moment of madness, followed by triumph.  I have one hot cross bun left in the freezer and yesterday I had a sudden urge to scoff it.  I got as far as opening the freezer, suddenly thought 'What ARE you doing?' closed the freezer and went away, empty handed.  I was so chuffed!
Only a little thing, I know, but for me it was major.


Today's plans are:
B:  fresh fruit salad and natural yogurt

L:  tuna salad wrap; apple
This is simple.  Mix half a can of tuna with 30g grated cheddar and two tbsps super light mayo and seasonings.  Make into a wrap with some shredded lettuce and other salad veg.
SW:  one heA, one heB and one syn for the mayo.

D:  cajun fishcakes with assorted veg; fruit and/or yogurt
This is what I needed the sweet potato for and I'm hoping the deeper flavour imparted by spray roasting them yesterday will really add to this recipe.  It's supposed to be with wedges but I reckon two kinds of potato is a bit too much so I'll defer on that.
The recipe says white fish but I have half a can of tuna left from lunch.  I might use that instead - it makes sense, doesn't it?
I think I will make some tartare sauce too with two tbsp super-light yogurt, capers, gherkins, onion, lemon juice and parsley, seeing as I have all the ingredients in.
If you have the SW magazine, the fishcake recipe is on p 58.
SW:  one syn for the mayo

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  allotmenting, ironing, step while watching telly

Summary:
one heA and one heB
two syns
a meat free day
I'm still sticking with the restricted eating.  It works really well with my daily routine and has pretty much stopped my snacking apart from a bit of fruit at around half four (apart from rare moments of madness, that is).



8 comments:

  1. Well you resisted the moment of madness - congratulations. I doubt I would have done. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Most unusual for me. Maybe my will power has improved recently! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hot Cross Bun 'gate' resisted. Well done. I fancied a croissant recently and I should keep my thoughts to myself because hubby who hears everything I utter bought a pack of 8 home, we never buy them!!! So had two for breakfast and froze the rest. We have a very precious expensive cauliflower that he picked up in the farm shop so I might have a look at that recipe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was lovely of him but - oh, dear. Well done for freezing most of them.
      The cauliflower sounds lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I like beans with Worcester sauce mixed into them. Funny, I just can't eat them as a vegetable with a meal - only on toast!
    Little wins (closing the freezer door) are a boost to determination! Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only like them in certain contexts. Never with a roast dinner though!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Oh no! Definitely not with a roast dinner!

    ReplyDelete