Thursday 14 May 2020

Thursday, 14-05-20

Good morning.

Yesterday was tasty food day!

Breakfast - a fresh fruit salad consisting of a mixture of speed and free fruit - pineapple, mango, blueberries, raspberries, orange, watermelon and kiwi fruit.  Oh, and apple!

Lunch could easily have been dinner, it was so filling.  There was a bit of cheese that wouldn't fit under or on the burger so I sprinkled it over the coleslaw and wow - very good.
A good way to use my healthy extras, this meal was.  And I was too full for anything afterwards.

I know this looks a right plateful but you will see that at least two thirds of it is veg and speed veg as well.  It was a really good dinner.



Someone reminded me of 'fluff' yesterday.  Fluff, you may remember, is just jelly and yogurt whisked together.  I made some and this is what I did.  No photos, sorry.

All you need is a pack of sugar free jelly and a Mullerlight.  Flavours are up to you; I used a lemon and line jelly and an orange Mullerlight.

Make up the jelly to three quarters of normal strength - i.e. 3/4 of a pint instead of a whole pint of water.  It needs to cool so I used 1/4 pint of boiling water, made sure all the crystals had dissolved and then added half a pint of cold.  I use a glass bowl so you can see the contents.
Leave it on the side until it's on the verge of setting.  It goes a bit gloopy.  Tip in the Mullerlight and whisk it really well (I use my hand held electric whisk) until it's foamy.  Then leave it for half an hour.  After that, take a look - the chances are that it has started to separate a bit.  If so, give it another good whisk and leave it again.  It's done when it stays foamy all the way down.
Pour it into a big serving bowl or into smaller single dishes and chill until needed; it sets in the fridge.
Lovely with a fresh fruit salad on top.

Just to see, I poured half of mine into a plastic tub and popped it in the freezer.  It's nice frozen too.  Very insubstantial, as if eating a frozen cloud.

The jelly is between one and two syns (the one I used is one and a half syns) and the Mullerlight is half a syn so you could eat the whole lot and it wouldn't make much of a dent.  If served as four portions, each one is less than one syn.
A nice dessert now and again, I think.


Today's food plans:
B:  fruit and yogurt
I have an unfinished bowl of fruit salad which ought to be used up today or tomorrow at the very latest.
SW:  free (I use natural yogurt

L:  cheesy tuna quesadillas, salad; fruit salad and frozen fluff
I really enjoyed this the other day so decided to have it again.
SW:  one heB, one heA, one syn max for super-light mayo and half a syn for the fluff

D:  spicy mince with veg and protein noodles; iced fluff
The already cooked mince is out of the freezer with added veg (probably onion, pepper, mushroom and sweetcorn) and I have the YS protein noodles to use up.
SW:  one heA for some cheese on top, one syn for the mince, two for the noodles and, if I use a bit of oil to cook the added veg, one syn for half a tsp.  Also, half a syn for the fluff

S:  none

BM:  nothing organised today

Summary:
two heAs and one B
six syns


4 comments:

  1. I used to love fluff!

    I have to confess whenever someone says "this must look like a full plate" I think to myself hmmmm, I wonder what they'd think of my dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > The plates are quite large.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried fluff before but it sounds just the kind of dessert that Tony and I would enjoy. I am making a note of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very light and I like it very much with some fruit.
      xx

      Delete