Saturday 30 May 2020

Saturday, 30-05-20

Morning, everyone.  It's nice to be back.

Yesterday's food:
Overnight oats, made with 20g oats for three syns (I think) and I had made some ice lollies so tipped the remnants of the fruit purees over too.  It looks a mess but tasted pretty good.

I decided to turn a bacon bap into a BLT with a crunchy salad.  Very nice.

One of the ice lollies.  Very refreshing on a warm afternoon.

I thought I had bought a side of salmon to cut up into pieces but it turned out to be trout.  I spent three syns on a pat of butter and pan fried it the traditional way.  It was so good with some Jersey royals and a mix of broad beans and peas, well worth the syns.
(the rest of the trout is now in the freezer)

Dessert was this - a sort of trifle.  The bottom is two thirds of a low sugar jelly, made up to 14 fluid ounces with water, set in three dessert dishes with some strawberries and raspberries.  The middle is fluff, with the last third of the jelly crystals, made up to a quarter of a pint and with half a Mullerlight whisked in.  The top is natural yogurt with vanilla and some stevia stirred in and the cherry is out of the freezer.
 It made three good helpings and the whole lot was under two syns,

I'm looking forward to the last one this evening.




Today's plans:
B:  bacon, egg and tomatoes
SW:  free

L:  tuna and beans. one piece of fruit
This is a very simple Nigella recipe, found online.
https://www.nigella.com/recipes/tuna-and-beans
I'm cutting the oil by half and the rest is very simple and free.  I'll probably have it just with fresh tomatoes and a nice piece of bread to sock up any leftover dressing
SW:  three syns for half a tbsp olive oil and one heB

D:  crustless quiche, SW style chips and salad, sort of trifle
I have potatoes, broad beans and peas left over from yesterday and some tuna from lunch
SW:  up to two heAs, two syns for one tsp oil and one syn for the trifle

S:  none

Body Magic:  work down the allotment

Summary
up to two heAs and one heB
six syns

3 comments:

  1. I'm really very pleased with it - it works for me! :-) Thanks, Laurie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your trifle looks ah maze ing!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lyn. I really like it. :-)
      xx

      Delete