Monday 4 May 2020

Monday, 04-05-20

Hello!

Yesterday's food went well and I am inundated with leftovers.  Leftover cabbage, leftover pork bbq couscous, leftover pork shoulder and leftover bbq sauce.  Goody - I love leftovers.

Yesterday, I decided to have just fruit for breakfast so no photo.
Leftovers lunch was a portion of curry and posh rice with some cheese (nicer than it sounds or looks) and some cooling yogurt.   Very satisfying and very filling too.

Dinner was the pulled pork in a spicy, bbq-y sauce.  Sadly, the pork didn't 'pull' even after eight hours in the slow cooked.  No idea why not.  Maybe it was the 'wrong kind of pork', perhaps it should have been leg.  It was tender enough, it just wouldn't shred easily.
The sauce was lovely, totally delicious, and I am very glad there's loads left.  I ended up making some couscous with chicken stock powder, added some of the pork and some strained onion and apple plus some sauce and mixed it together.  I also used the sauce as a gravy on the veg.  It was very, very, very nice and there's loads left over for another day.

I'll post the recipe for the pork and sauce although it is really a 'throw it in and taste it' sort of idea.
Today's meal plans:
B:  fruit and yogurt
SW: free

L:  warm shredded (as shredded as I can manage anyway!) pork in a roll with a side salad; apple
I'll warm up the pork in the microwave so maybe it will shred more easily and mix it with some of the sauce before piling it into a roll spread with cheese spread of some kind.  Mmmmm.
SW:  one heA, one heB and one syn for the sauce

D:  sliced slow cooked pork with more of the sauce, assorted veg (I'm well off for veg); yogurt and/or fruit
SW:  one syn for the sauce - I am counting one syn for a portion of sauce but, given how much I have, it could be less that that.  However, I'd rather over than under estimate.

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  allotment work (weather permitting)

Summary
one heA and one heB
two syns

2 comments:

  1. I can never get pork to 'pull' either. Still looks as sound delish though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it wasn't just me. I've managed to maul what's left of the joint about and have ended up with semi-shredded bits for lunch and about seven slices, some for tonight and some for the freezer for easy 'Sunday roasts'. I'm not thinking of ideas to use up the rest of the sauce. :-)
      I will definitely do it again as it's, as you say, delicious and pork is a fairly frugal meat and no fattier than any other nowadays.
      xx

      Delete