Sunday 10 May 2020

Sunday, 10-05-20

Good morning!

First of all, some good news - I was Slimmer of the Week on Tuesday.  Happy!
(Jennifer didn't say until yesterday as usually she announces on Friday but it was her Bank Holiday too!)

Yesterday's lovely breakfast.   I dearly love marmite on toast but it has to have butter too, it's not the same without.
The fruit was blueberries, raspberries and watermelon.

Friday's fish pie leftovers, just as tasty yesterday . . .

. . . and a very refreshing and light dessert.

This was dinner.  What a plateful, eh?  Chicken, sausage in bacon, stuffing, sauce, roasted veg and carrot; four and a half syns the lot and that includes a tsp oil in the roasted veg.
I ate the lot!



Today's plans:
B:  egg on toast, spray fried tomatoes; water melon
SW:  one heB

L:  chicken and veg stir fry with noodles; water melon
I have shed-loads of chicken after yesterday and some stir fry veg that needs to be used up plus tomatoes from last year in the freezer so I thought I'd kill several birds with one stone and make a nice, chunky pasta sauce to have with some protein noodles which I managed to find on YS in Morisons yesterday.  It was pot luck; they were being reduced as I walked past.
SW:  the protein noodles are three syns and I will have a heA's worth of cheese sprinkled over the top.

D:  chicken and leek casserole with assorted veg; yogurt
Again, leftover chicken, and I'll use the recipe in the magazine (p 80)as a base because it was ever so nice.  I'll probably have some shredded cabbage with it, plus whatever I put in the casserole.
SW:  two syns for 10 mls thickening granules
I'll have to adapt the recipe slightly as the chicken is already cooked but I have some really good stock from boiling up the carcass from yesterday's chicken.

S:  trying for none today as I think I'm having too much fruit all in all

BM:  allotment watering and then just a gentle day.  I might do some step.

Summary:
one heA and one heB
five syns

An overload of chicken, I know, but I have plenty of cooked chicken to use up over the next few days.  My idea of heaven.  I love chicken.

4 comments:

  1. There isn't a single thing there that I would turn my nose up at. I am with you on butter with marmite. Tony and I love it and always butter the toast first. I like to add a small spoon full to soups and stews. It adds a lovely savoury taste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was brought up on marmite - I think it's now in my genes!! I add it to gravy too - wonderful!
      Life would be less enjoyable without marmite, that's what I say! < grin >
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Joy, congratulations again. You're clearly getting closer. Yes Marmite and butter for me too. I'll have to try that in my gravy. We're having liver and onion gravy today for dinner so a bit will definitely go in that. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thin k it will be lovely in that sort of gravy. Just a bit though; a little goes a long way with marmite. Liver and bacon sounds scrummy.
      I have about eight and a half pounds to go (it's hard to tell exactly when using different scales) but I expect it will take quite a time. Even just a pound a week (which is what I am averaging at the moment) will be just nine weeks - not long at all.
      xx

      Delete