Friday 5 June 2020

Friday, 05-06-20

Good morning.

After musing and pondering over yesterday's breakfast bread, I decided to go ahead and use both slices after all, making a mental note to get some of the SW approved wholemeal bread for when I have this again, which I will because it was very nice indeed.  I also added a little bit more cheese but probably didn't need to.

So, to add to the calories for the recipe, I need to add about 80 more calories for the extra bread and about twenty more for the bit of extra cheese.
This was lunch.  I de-skinned the two sausages, mixed the insides with a bit of finely chopped onion, some garlic granules, some chilli flakes and some pepper, formed small balls which I spray fried.  Finally I added half a can of baked beans and 20 mls bbq sauce (for 18 more calories).  Very tasty and so filling I was able to leave the apple until 'danger time' at around five.
Dinner was also delicious.  These Pinch of Nom recipes are really good.  Bags of flavour.
I had some extra soy sauce and a yogurt for dessert as well as the strawberries.















So yesterday's totals are:
planned meals:  1194 cals
breakfast extras:  100 cals
lunch extras: 18 cals
Dinner extras:  100 cals
Total: 1412 calories - top of my limit and a good day's eating.
Today's plans:
B:  bacon medallions, egg and baked beans
As the title says.  I have half a can of beans left over from yesterday to use up and like to add something for added flavour.  Today it is tomato puree
bacon = 73 cals
egg = 78 cals
half a can baked beans = 184 cals
20g tomato puree = 8 cals
Total:  343 cals
SW:  free

L:  ham and potato cakes (Pon 2, p 99) with spray fried tomatoes; apple
These look nice; basically  it's mash with ham, spring onions, flavourings and seasonings
recipe = 259 cals
tomatoes = 18 cals
apple = 50 cals
Total = 327
SW:  free


D:  tandoori salmon with mango salsa (PoN 2, p 110), new potatoes; Mullerlight
I think I've had this before and it's very nice.  The only change I will make is to use parsley, not coriander, in the salsa as I'm one of those poor individuals to whom coriander tastes like cheap soap.  Nasty!
recipe = 355 cals
100g potatoes = 78 cals
Mullerlight = 82
Total = 515
SW:   half a syn for the yogurt

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  allotment work, housework, a walk

Summary:
1185 calories, so I can afford a bit of fruit, should I want some
no healthy extras (ooops)
half a syn

This is day four of checking the Slimming World method with calories.  Double checking everything is a bit of a pain but I'm getting a few surprises regarding size of amounts, particularly of 'free' carbs, that show maybe I was getting a bit careless.  A few lessons are being re-learnt!

I don't mind the extra weighing but my scales seem to and yesterday they decided to go on strike.  I thought it was just battery but it wasn't so I got straight onto Amazon and ordered new ones on Prime which will be arriving today.  I really can't manage without properly functioning scales.









3 comments:

  1. < chuckle > I've just had breakfast so am feeling most satisfied!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a good sandwich! Sadly, I've been avoiding bread lately, but have just made a sourdough so will be having a slice of that tomorrow. Am confining bread eating to weekends only. All your food pics make my mouth water. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm - home made sourdough sounds amazing. Enjoy.
      I think I'm lucky with bread - it doesn't have much of an effect on me, thankfully.
      xx

      Delete