Friday 26 June 2020

Friday, 26-06-20

Good morning!

Yesterday's photos:

Blueberry oat bran pancakes are very, very delicious, especially when teamed with lemon yogurt.



Lunch - and the bread and scrape just finished it off nicely.  I saved the planned apple for later.


I was looking forward to this all day and it didn't disappoint in the slightest.  The fish was really nice with lovely, crunchy batter (I love crunchy batter) and the SW style actifry chips were as tasty as they always are.

I'm well pleased that there are three more pieces of fish in the box in the freezer.  It may be a lot of syns but it's 225 calories which is fine for the protein part of a meal.









Yesterday's calories:
planned meals:  1108 cals
orange:  60 cals
I forgot to add in the bread and butter yesterday so
bread: 69 cals
butter: 20 cals
Total: 1257 cals

Today's meal plans:
B:  strawberry, melon and yogurt breakfast sundae
It already feels 'hot', even though it isn't really, so I reckon this will be a perfect breakfast.
200g strawberries = 66 cals
melon, 200g = 60 cals (I'll adjust this when I cut the melon)
150g yogurt = 90 cals
total = 216 cals
SW:  free

L:  cheese and ham toastie with a side salad, apple
I haven't had a toastie for ages and it's a great way to get at least two out of the three healthy extras in one fell swoop!
2 slices wholemeal = 138 cals
30g grated cheddar = 136 cals
1 thin slice of ham = 21 cals
onion chutney = 40 cals
side salad = 30 cals
apple = 50 cals
total = 415 cals
SW:  one heA, one heB, two syns

D:  thyme baked trout and asparagus; yogurt
Remember when I bought a side of trout in mistake for salmon?  I found the resulting fillets when I was rootling in the freezer so I googled and found this SW recipe. 


It's quite new (this year) but wasn't on Lifeline Online.
Anyway, I really like the look of it so will be making it, although I'll be adapting the cooking method because I like to do potatoes in the actifry - I think they come out so much nicer, even new potatoes.  If I can't get asparagus, I'll try green beans or broccoli instead.
138g trout = 195 cals
100g asparagus = 25 cals (I'll adjust this when I know)
new potatoes = 128 cals (already weighted these out!)
tomatoes = 18 cals
(I don't bother to count herbs/spices/spray oil)
yogurt = 85 cals
total = 451 cals
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

S: fruit

Body Magic: a walk (hopefully)

Summary:
one heA and one B
two and a half syns
1082 cals

With all the food available nowadays, it's proving fairly easy to lower calorie intake and still have varied and delicious meals.  When I was a youngster (comparatively speaking), I did the calorie controlled way and it was very restrictive.  Nowadays, I don't feel restricted at all either by the counting or the underlying SW structure.


2 comments:

  1. The trout video certainly looks appetizing. It will go on my next grocery list, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really lovely, Chris. I'll be doing it again, even when asparagus is not in season.
      xx

      Delete