Thursday 4 June 2020

Thursday, 04-06-20

Good morning!

Yesterday's meals.
This doesn't look anything like the photo in the book but, apart from subbing strawberries for blueberries because I don't have any of the latter and the chocolate sauce (2.5 calories so I was quids in for calories ) for the flaked almonds for ditto reasons, it was the same ingredients.
And it was not only delicious, it was also filling.



Unfortunately, I couldn't take a photo of lunch as Beth was round and it just seemed quite rude.  It's a shame because the quesadillas with spicy wedges and a mango salsa were really delicious and we both enjoyed it very much.


Dinner might not look either very much or very attractive but, in fact, it was brilliant and you can find it on the PoN site, here.
If you follow the link, you can see how easy it is and it was lovely!  I shall use the sauce again, maybe with chickpeas or some other meat.















So yesterday's totals are:
planned meals meals:  1062 cals
half a pack of rhubarb and custard sugar free boiled sweets:  53 cals
the chocolate sauce on breakfast:  2.5 cals
apple:  50 cals
Total:  1167.5 cals


Today's meal plans:
B:  Monte Cristo sandwich (PoN 2, p 22)
This is a sort of croque monsieur type of thing - a 'fried' ham and cheese sandwich!  It doesn't say how much bread in weight but, given that PoN is originally based on SW, I suspect it is two thin slices from a small wholemeal.
I only have home sliced 'nice' bread so had to decide whether to use more bread or cut the bread in half.  I decided to cut the bread so it will be a smaller - much smaller - but more chunky toasted sandwich!
the recipe= 379 cals
Total = 379 cals
SW:  one heA and one heB

L:  sausages and beans; apple
I decided to go 'off piste' and have a nice, simple lunch of a couple of skinny sausages, de-skinned and rolled into meatballs with some added chilli and garlic for ooomph with half a can of baked beans, just because I fancy it.
two Aldi skinny sausages = 148 cals
half as can baked beans (Morrisons) = 184 cals 
apple = 50 cals
Total = 382
SW:  one syn for the sausages

D:  yeung chow fried rice (PoN 2, p 62); strawberries
A Chinese-y type rice dish.  I will use chicken instead of pork because I have half a breast fillet left over from yesterday.
the recipe = 400 cals
100g strawberries = 33 cals
Total = 433 cals
SW:  pretty much free, I think, apart from a one syn for some oyster sauce

S:  some fruit

Body Magic:  a walk and some weeding down the allotment

Summary:
one heA and one heB
two syns
Total: 1194 cals - so just over 200 cals for fruit, etc, if wanted

3 comments:

  1. That pasta meal sounds delish and as we have the jar of roasted red peppers and the book, thank you its our dinner tonight.. you've calorie counted as well, do you think that's a help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pasta meal was actually on the PoN web site. Copy and paste this to get there. https://pinchofnom.com/recipes/creamy-roasted-red-pepper-chicken-pasta/
      xx

      Delete
    2. I'm doing the calories for a short while, just to help me tighten things up a little bit and increase my calorie knowledge. I think they matter and it's certainly increasing my awareness.
      xx

      Delete