Wednesday 10 June 2020

Wednesday, 10-06-20

Good morning:

Yesterday's food photos:
A fairly bog-standard breakfast but good and filling.  I always feel so hungry after SW meetings because we talk food quite a lot.

I added a Mullerlight, just because I fancied it.  So that was another 80 calories

The rest of the day wasn't so great . . .

Lunch:  when I went to get out the asparagus for the asparagus, broad bean and bacon lunch, I found it had gone all manky because the tips had been touching the back of the fridge and had frozen, then thawed, goodness knows how many times . . . not nice.  I used the veg I had prepared for a small side - red pepper, mushroom and tomato and used that instead and it was rather tasty.  I will make that again - bacon and broad beans go so well together.

I don't know what to think about the pizza.  Well, for a start, it wasn't a pizza - the base was way too crunchy.  Nice, but not bready enough.  The toppings were great and, yes, I guess that the choices I made kept it to around 400 calories for the lot.  However, I shall have another go in a little while, this time not precooking the base.
So I won't be publishing the recipe yet and I will use the other base maybe as sort of breadsticks sometime.


And then I lost it a bit.  I didn't go bonkers but I did have more cheese, yogurt and far too much fruit.  Not a disaster but certainly more than my 1400 calories tops.  Not to worry, back on it now and the long walk I took yesterday afternoon will have helped to keep the calories within a 'maintain' sort of area, not into a 'gain'.
I can't do a calorie summary for yesterday; I simply don't know!

Today's food plans:
B:  breakfast fruit sundae
This is what I shall call it from now on!  It's just the fruit layered with Greek yogurt flavoured with vanilla and sweetener.
200g Greek yogurt = 132 cals
44g blueberries = 25 cals
100g strawberries = 33 cals
plus a bit of sweetener, vanilla and not-chocolate sauce = 5 cals - ish
total = 195 cals
SW:   free

L:  cheeseburger and beetroot; apple
A M&S skinnyburger with a slice of plastic cheese top and bottom in a wholemeal roll with some pickled baby beets on the side.  At the moment I am finding that picked beetroots satisfy something in my taste soul!  I might try pickling a bit of red onion too.
burger = 122 cals
plastic cheese = 106 cals
roll = 144 cals (eeek)
baby beets = 27 cals
apple = 50 cals
total = 449 cals
SW:  one heB for the roll, five syns for the cheesy slice (it doesn't count as a heA)

D:  ham and veg pasta bake, Mullerlight
I have bits and pieces to use up.  I have some ham and the last of the barbecue sauce I made with the hunter's chicken the other day.  So I will knock together a pasta bake with 50g fusilli, the ham, some onion, mushroom and pepper and some grated cheese on the top.
55g lean ham = 64 cals
the sauce = 25 cals (an approximation but it's close)
red onion = around 20 cals
some red pepper = 20 cals
mushroom = 10 calories
50g (dry weight) wholewheat fusilli pasta = 171
30g grated not-parmesan cheese = 114
Mullerlight = around 80 calories
total = 504 cals
SW:  one heA and half a syn.

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  30 mins personal training

Summary:
one heA and one heB
five and a half syns
1148 calories, giving me up to 250 calories to 'spend' on fruit, should I wish to.


Afterthoughts:  
Dinner is a perfect example of how knowing calories does matter, even with Slimming World.  That pasta dish is very low on SW - just one healthy extra B with the rest free or speed, giving the impression that it can be eaten in large amounts.  It would be so easy to have more pasta (free) and more cheese (using the other heA) but that would send the calories rocketing sky high!
Let the eater beware!

With my target weight so close, I looked up how many calories I woman of my age and lifestyle would need to maintain current weight and it said between 1700 and 2000 calories.  That sounds perfectly reasonable to me, very do-able.

I made a mistake yesterday - I said I was three and a half pounds to target but it's four and a half pounds because it's what the SW scales say, not my own, and they weigh a bit higher (clothes on, different time of day, etc).

It wasn't until after I'd entered my weight into Lifeline Online that I realised (because it told me so) that I have got my three stone award.  Yay!!!

And finally - I'm going to make some more of that bbq sauce and portion it out, working out the calories properly.  It's so delicious!

And now I really HAVE finished!


3 comments:

  1. I've actually lost over six - I lost some before joining SW. I can hardly believe it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going, Joy. I really must start looking at the calories before I eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While doing calories in such detail is unnecessary in the longer term, I think, I will make sure I am generally aware, I think. It's too easy to slip into the 'SW free = unlimited' and it shouldn't mean that with some free foods (on SW).
      xx

      Delete