Tuesday 9 June 2020

Tuesday, 09-06-20

Good morning.

Thank you all very much for your lovely and supportive comments yesterday.  They make such a difference.

It's Zoom SW meeting day today and I've lost two pounds.  So, so pleased and relieved. 
Now there's just three and a half pounds to go before I reach target!  It almost feels scary!

Yesterday's meals:
The total calories for yesterday were a bit low so I decided to double the yogurt for another 66 calories and I'm so glad I did.  It made a most satisfying and delicious breakfast.




Just a ham salad for lunch.  Very satisfying,

I felt a bit nibbly in the afternoon although it wasn't hunger.  I had three plums for 64 cals, some baby beetroot for 16 cals and, finally, because it was definitely savoury nibblies rather than sweet, a drink of Marigold stock which I'm calling 20 cals.  All very harmless and very satisfying.
It was hardly a dinner I had to cook given that the meat was in a can but it was very filling and very tasty . . .




Yesterday's calories:
planned meals:  952 cals
extra yogurt for breakfast:  66 cals
three plums: 64p
beetroot:  16 cals
a marigold drink:  20 cals
Total:  1118 cals

Today's meal plans:
B:  sausage, egg and beans
I'm always hungry after Zoom meetings, probably because we talk about food so much!
two Aldi skinny sausages = 148 cals
one egg = 78 cals
half a can baked beans = 184 cals
total = 410 cals
SW:  free

L:  asparagus, broad bean and bacon salad (PoN 2, p85); apple and some cherries
I have all the ingredients which is a surprise as asparagus isn't something I normally keep in.  However, Morrisons had some wonky asparagus last time I visited and I'm a sucker for 'wonky'!  It's what it says really with a dressing of lemon juice and garlic.  Nice.
recipe = 177 cals
apple = 50 cals
100g cherries = 50 cals
total = 277 cals
SW:  free

D:  home made pizza, salad
I'm posting separately about this so won't rabbit on here but fingers crossed!
planned recipe = 400 cals (this will change, I am sure)
salad = 15
total = 415
SW:  one heA, one heB and nine syns

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  a walk

Summary:
one heA and one heB
nine syns
1102 calories


15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Joy you are doing so well and without the actual attendance at group, keep going girl you are definitely going to get there sometime soon. I've maintained this week but I know I took my eye off the ball a little too often. If I don't write it down its not that I forget what I've had or don't realise it it's just that the focus gets a bit lost. Keep on Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, and thanks. It would be too easy to go a little bit overboard now and we really mustn't.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, you're so close to target now, how exciting.

    I've been in such a slump around cooking recently but I've made a real effort to make some simple, but veg packed meals and am starting to feel much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. It's ever so hard to pull yourself back up again. Really well done.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Thinking about your journey, as far as I've been following you, made me realise how lovely it is to share in other people's SW successes not only being there for each other when things go a bit, sometimes more than a bit, wrong. I'm excited for you Joy in anticipation of you getting there x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I love it when other members get to their target, get a half stone award, etc. Thankls, Lyn. xx

      Delete
  4. Well done Joy. You've stuck by this and deserve success. You will get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's just a matter of gritting teeth and being obstinate!! Thank you!
      xx

      Delete
  5. 2 pounds loss is fantastic, do you think its worth counting calories as well as SW? I seem to be getting no where of late.. so well done you, to lose 2 pounds takes a tremendous effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think counting the calories of what I eat on Slimming world has opened my eyes and made me a lot more careful again, especially with the starchy foods. All those numbers and looking things up is a hassle but it's dead easy nowadays, with Google, etc. Yes, it has helped because I am more informed.

      Marigold is a brand name. It's a vegetable bouillon powder and it is really nice. I use it as my stock of choice unless I specifically want meaty stock. You used to only find it in health shops but now supermarkets have it too.
      Here's what Delia says about it. Just copy and paste into your browser. https://www.deliaonline.com/ingredient/marigold-swiss-vegetable-bouillon-powder
      xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Sorry, I missed this one. Marigold is a vegetable bouillon powder and I think it is really good.
      xx

      Delete
  7. It does feel great. Now I have to hold it all together and after that learn how to maintain! :-) Thank you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So close to target! Brilliant. Go girl. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can hardly believe it after so long.
      xx

      Delete