Wednesday 3 June 2020

Wednesday, 03-06-20

Good morning!
First of all, thank you, everyone who comments in such a supportive way.  You have been most encouraging and it helps me such a lot.

Yesterday's food went well:
Breakfast.  



Lunch.  Possibly a bit too much cheese, if that can possibly be a thing, but very, very nice indeed.  I'm glad I added the extra cheese.

I'm also glad I have five more portions in the freezer, all nicely labelled with SW and calorie values.


Dinner was the least successful.  It was delicious, for sure, but it seems a shame to cook lovely, crunchy chips and then to pour over a passata based sauce that sends the chips all soggy.
Sorry about the poor light - it looked much more colourful in reality.





I also had:
45g strawberries (from the garden):  15 cals
one small satsuma - 30cals
1 tsp oil (for the chips) 40g

so that makes a total of . . . 1222 + 85 = 1307 calories (or thereabouts)

(It amuses and frustrates me in equal measure when a recipe states a precise number of calories but includes instructions like 'drizzle over some olive oil before serving' as if that's not going to make any difference to the final number of calories.  I'll say now - I know my figures will be approximate, not exact.)

Today's meal plans:
B:  breakfast banana split (PoN 2, p 24)
Banana, yogurt, vanilla and some berries (strawberries fresh picked from the garden which makes it all sounds very luxurious, doesn't it?).  It also says flaked almonds but I will skip them and add some 'almost free' choc sauce instead.
232 calories
SW:  free

L:  quesadillas (PoN 2, p 92) and BBQ wedges (PoN 2, p 214)
I have baked beans left over from yesterday so, instead of using some mixed beans in chilli sauce, I will use the baked beans and jazz them up a bit.  I don't know the calorie difference but I'm guessing it won't be too bad.
The quesadilla recipe = 252 cals
The wedges = 141 cals
Total:  393 cals
SW:  one wrap is one heB and 30g cheddar (subbed for mozzarella) is one heA

D:  creamy roasted red pepper and chicken pasta, salad; yogurt
This recipe is from the Pinch of Nom site, here.  I think it sounds rather delicious.
the salad = 15 cals
30g mayo = 30 cals
the pasta = 293 cals
the yogurt = 99 cals
Total: 437 cals
SW:  I'm going to call whatever low fat soft cheese I use as one heA (it used to be, after all), the mayo is one syn and the yogurt is half a syn

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  half an hour of personal training.

Summary:
1062 calories, so I have some calories to use for fruit.  Excellent.
two heAs and one heB
one and a half syns

(interesting how it's all panning out with SW working within the calorie counting very nicely)


No comments:

Post a Comment