Wednesday 24 June 2020

Wednesday, 24-06-20

Good morning!

Yesterday's photos!

Breakfast was oat bran galettes with chopped strawberries and some strawberry yogurt.



Omelette goes just as well for lunch as it does for breakfast - and it's quick.

I had a problem at dinner time.  The lemon squash I was going to use for the lemon sauce turned out to be pear and apple squash!  Ooops.
I thought fast and just made a chicken and veg stir fry with a pinch of five spice powder and some soy sauce and it turned out really well.

I forgot to measure the soy sauce so have no idea of the calories but it can't be more than the original recipe in total.
The SW count is two syns for the oil.





Yesterday's calories:
planned meals (calling dinner like for like):  981 cals
banana:  100 cals
bits and bobs of soft fruit: around 100 cals
Total:  approximately 1181 cals - and I felt well fed for that!
Today's food!
B:  overnight oats
The nice thing about overnight oats and breakfast at eleven is that they are then made-early-morning oats - I never remember to make the meal up the evening before.
20g oats = 75 cals
100g strawberries = 50 cals
one smaller Mullerlight = 72 cals
60 mls semi-skimmed milk = 29 cals
total = 226 cals
SW:  half a heB and a quarter of a heA (you're not really allowed quarters but I will have the remaining in cheese)

L:  ham salad, coleslaw; apple
Just what it says, nice and easy! 
three slices ham = 63 cals (according to the label)
salad stuff = 30 cals
cabbage (35g) = 8 cals
carrot (15g) = 6 calories
superlight mayo = 30 cals
apple = 55 cals
total = 192 cals
SW:  one syn for the mayo

D:  sausage bbq stir fry; Mullerlight
I have half a pack of stir fry veg left over and need to use it as these packs really don't last very long at all.  I'm going to de-skin and shape two Aldi skinny sausages into 'meatballs' and cook them, stir fry the remaining veg in one tsp toasted sesame oil (lovely flavour for stir fries), add a portion of the bbq sauce I made last week and have it on couscous with a topping of grated cheese.  I think that will be really nice as well as dead easy.
two skinny sausages = 148 cals
oil = 40 cals
stir fry veg = 44 cals
bbq sauce = 30 cals
couscous (40g dry weight) = 45 cals
22 g grated cheddar = 90 cals
Mullerlight = 80 cals
total = 477 cals
SW:  one syn for the sausages, two syns for the sesame oil, three quarters of a heA for the cheese and half a syn for the Mullerlight

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  half an hour of personal training

Summary
planned calories:  935
one heA and half a heB
four and a half syns

Yesterday I bunged 500 g lean pork mince in my instant pot and cooked it all day with assorted veg, chopped tomatoes, some oats, some lentils and various flavourings.  I got ten portions, did the maths and each portion is 150 calories (149.something or other so I'm saying 150!).  They're in the freezer and will be useful for all sorts of things.



I know I have more regular readers that the comments would indicate (no problems with that whatsoever) and am just wondering how helpful you find all the calories counting.  I'm going to continue to measure intake with both the SW method and in calories until I reach target anyway (because it's helping me) but after that, when I am working to maintain, I'm just having a good think about how much info to record in here.
If you have a view, could you please let me know in the comments.
Many thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment