Monday 8 June 2020

Monday, 08-06-20

Good morning, everyone.

(Just to recap, for a short while, in order to refocus and re-ground myself, I am counting calories very carefully as well as following the Slimming World way.  I'm also using the Pinch of Nom recipe books for many of my meals.)

Yesterday's food:
Breakfast was great.  One slice (60g) sweet cinnamon eggy bread with some fruit.
The eggy mix was one beaten egg with a little sweetener and a pinch of cinnamon.  Next time, I might add some vanilla as well.  The fruit had a sprinkle of sweetener too.
The half tbsp butter was a perfect amount - I fried one side in half of it and added the other half for the other side - and there was enough that I cut the fairly thick slice of bread into fingers and gave the sides a browning as well.
This is the rainbow couscous I had for lunch, to which I added some mayo.  Very tasty and very easy.

I made a bit of a mistake with the hunter's chicken.  It ended up as hunter's turkey because I thawed out a turkey breast steak instead.  Not to worry, it was still nice.  I made double sauce because it really is a good, tasty sauce and useful to have.











Yesterday's calories:
the planned meals: 1092 cals
50g blueberries added for breakfast: 29 cals
30g mayo added for lunch: 30 cals
20g extra Mozzarella added for dinner: 56 cals
Total: 1207 cals
Today's plans:
B:  100g Greek yogurt (0% fat) with 100g strawberries and 50g blueberries
I fancy something simple and easy this morning.
100g yogurt = 66 cals
strawberries = 33 cals
blueberries = 29 cals
total = 128 cals
SW:  free

L:  ham, salad; apple
Just a good old simple ham salad with some very nice carved ham from Morrisons
100g roast ham = 116 cals
large mixed salad = 50 cals max
beetroot (about 60g) = 16 cals
30g mayo = 30 cals
1/2 tbsp caramelised red onion chutney = 36 cals
apple = 50 cals
total = 298 cals
SW:  one syn for the mayo, one syn for the chutney

D:  steak and kidney, carrots, broccoli; fluff
A very easy dinner today; a can of M&S steak and kidney (which is really delicious) with some vegetables.  A can is supposed to serve two but I'll see how far it goes.
steak and kidney plus gravy = 424 cals
100g carrots = 41 cals
100g broccoli = 34 cals
fluff = 27 cals
total = 526 cals
SW:  one syn for the fluff and two syns for the steak and kidney

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  allotment work

Summary:
no heAs or Bs - never mind
five syns
952 calories

I think this way - counting calories as well as trying to do Slimming World most of the time - is helping.  It's improving my awareness, giving me a bit more confidence again and broadening my perspective.  I'd have never had that Saturday pizza on SW but it is do-able and now I know that.
On the other hand, all these numbers, looking everything up and generally having to keep apply basic mathematics is a drag and the calculator has a permanent place at my left hand right now.

So I will continue for another week (sorry, I know it makes the entries longer and too packed with numbers) because it does seem to be helping.  I will know tomorrow if it is also assisting in the weight loss.
Fingers crossed.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, Laurie. Feedback is always really helpful and I'm glad you find it interesting.
    Calorie Counters sounds interesting. Is it a local thing or a national thing?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very interesting Joy and I think you're doing well. You deserve a great weight loss. What I don't like is the way this new blogger recorders posts. One post that I know was written yesterday has come back on today as a new one. I've noticed it quite a few times plus it puts new ones in with old ones so you're constantly scanning for any you font recognise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How odd. I haven't noticed that yet but I'm sure it will irritate me when I do.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a great result tomorrow Joy. I would think you will as your calorie counts have been bang on for losing weight. I think for me I'd be too tempted to waste my calories on the wrong things and stray too far from the healthier foods. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My fingers are crossed, definitely. I've worked hard this week to keep it all together, but you never know, do you?
      xx

      Delete
  4. So long as it's not offensive and hurts no one, then you should never feel the need to apologise for what you put on your own blog, Joy. I've often used calorie count if I have something at doesn't fit with SW. Slimming World is great but that doesn't mean that other methods of cutting down are not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very good point, Eloise, and just what I would say to anyone else. Thank you.
      xx

      Delete