Tuesday 16 June 2020

Tuesday, 16-06-20

Good morning.

It's Zoom meeting this morning and, somehow, I have managed to lose a pound and a half.   I'm not sure how after some of the days this week but I'll accept it with gratitude!

I've been counting the old calories for a couple of weeks now.  I do think it helps in terms of awareness but I don't think it is 100% necessary for absolutely everything.  Really, counting the calories for most vegetables in particular is a bit wasted effort but, on the other hand, counting them for carbs like rice and pasta has been extremely helpful.
I'm going to carry on until I get to target but after then will have another think.

Yesterday's food - I remembered to take photos!

An extremely yummy breakfast, eaten outside in the warm sunshine.  Bliss.



Nothing terribly new or different for lunch but it's one I enjoy and I really enjoyed this chicken and asparagus quiche.  When I made the quiche, I used a lot more cheese than the recipe required and I'm very glad I did.




Dinner was the chicken in orange.  The recipe looked - er - odd, but it was actually very tasty, just as nice as I remember it from last time.

I shall try it again but using lemon rather than orange - I love chicken in lemon sauce.

I made the couscous by soaking a quarter cup of couscous with half a cup of boiling water and some chicken stock powder for ten minutes and then spray frying a bit of onion, pepper and mushroom and mixing it all in.




Yesterdays calories:
I had less yogurt that I calculated for so that's 30 calories off!
planned meals:  1205
I didn't have anything else so that's a total of 1175 calories - not bad at all!

Today's meal plans:
B:  banana pancakes with yogurt
I found this specific recipe in an add on to the latest WW magazine and it reminded me that I used to make these and rather like them.
one egg = 78 cals
two medium bananas = 210 cals
Mullerlight = 80 cals
total = 368 cals
SW:  eight syns for banana (because it's mashed/cooked, not raw or just sliced) which is daft but there you go, one of the sillier bits of SW.  I can't see it as it all gets mashed in the mouth before swallowing anyway.

L:  tuna mayo roll and salad; apple
I intend to drain the tuna and mix it with mayo, some chopped spring onion and, maybe, a bit of curry spice of some kind.
tuna = 94 cals
30g superlight mayo = 30 cals
salad, including spring onion = about 40 cals
one wholemeal roll = 155 cals
apple = 50 cals
total = 369 cals
SW:  one syn for the mayo

D:  posh fish and chips (aka salmon and chips!), peas; fluff
I had a craving for fish and chips and salmon instead of battered fish served the same purpose so salmon it is!  The chips will be home made, in the actifry, the SW way.
salmon = 185 cals
150g potato = 113 cals
1 tsp oil = 40 cals
100g peas = 70 cals
30g mayo = 30 cals
one portion of fluff = 25 cals
total = 463 cals
SW:  two syns for the oil, one for the mayo and half for the fluff

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  a walk (weather permitting)

Summary:
one healthy extra B and no As - they are a lot harder to fit in when you're focusing on meals/recipes rather than choosing the healthy extras and working your meals around them
twelve and a half syns
1200 calories

8 comments:

  1. Getting close to target now. I think you are doing so well. I totally agree about what calories to weigh and count. Starchy veg, pasta, rice etc are heavy on the calories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, while couscous is light - and I'd have clubbed them all together if I hadn't checked.
      According to SW measurement, three pounds away - but it's never safe using different scales so I will be aiming for a bit below, just to be sure. Goodness knows when groups will start again though.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I agree with you, some things are always worth measuring, others not. I always measure pasta, rice & grains, nuts and seeds so I stick to the correct portion size, but I'm easy with the vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that's the way I will be going in the longer term. I'm sticking to 50g (dry weight) of both pasta and rice, and 40g couscous. The portions are absolutely fine and any more is just piggery!!!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Well done Joy, I'm thinking of trying your method, it's certainly raising awareness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lyn. It's getting easier as time passes and I have a note book in which I am recording calorie values and portions of things I have often which is making it all much easier.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you yet again for keeping me motivated. I am finding that reducing the carb calories is helping me a lot. I've not felt particularly hungry these past few days so I think I am getting used to having less carbs. We are huge Pasta/Rice eaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to read. I love pasta in particular so it's good to have some, just not loads. 50g (dry weight) is just enough for me.
      xx

      Delete