Tuesday 30 June 2020

Tuesday, 30-06-20

Good morning

It's Tuesday but it's not weigh day any more because the Tuesday Zoom group has been amalgamated with the Thursday group for now.  That gives me two more days to work off last weeks atrocious gain!

If you stick with this post to the end, you will see that I've started keeping a record of the month's meals.  That's because sometimes, when I sit down to plan, my mind just goes completely blank and I'm hoping that this, on just one sheet, will act as a memory prompt and start the ideas going.
Fingers crossed.
(there are some gaps - I wasn't on plan every day)

Yesterday's photos:

I know I keep saying this and it must be getting pretty boring but this was so good.
Breakfast bake.
I precooked a smallish jacket potato in the microwave and when it was cool, sliced it (it should be cut into cubes but I wasn't sure there would be enough to cover.
Turn the oven on to about 180 C.
I cut up two bacon medallions, removing a bit of fat left on, sliced one medium mushroom, halved five cherry tomatoes and weighed out half a can of baked beans.
The bacon, mushroom and tomatoes I cooked in some spray oil in a non stick pan.
First in the dish went a few sprays of oil, then the bacon and veg.  I spooned over the beans and then placed the slices of potato on top with a bit of salt, not much as the beans are seasoned.  Then sprayed over some oil and baked it all in the oven for about twenty to thirty minutes, to let the potato brown off a little bit.  I ate it straight from the dish.
There was nothing special about this lunch, it was just nice.  I decided on a simple finger salad, just because . . .
Dinner was not nearly so colourful but, and I know I am totally biased here, the potatoes and the beans were absolutely gorgeous.  Looking forward to the next harvesting now.

Yesterday's calories:
planned meals: 1242 cals
I also had an orange:  80 cals
However, I forgot to have the butter on the potatoes.
So the final total stays exactly the same!


Today's plans:
B:  sweet cinnamon eggy bread, strawberries and yogurt
Soak the bread in a beaten egg with cinnamon and sweetener and then fry in spray oil.  Cut into fingers and serve with the fruit and yogurt for dipping.

one slice wholemeal = 70 cals
one egg = 78 cals
100g strawberries - 33 caks
50g raspberries = 27 cals
50g blueberries = 28 cals
100g yogurt = 60 cals
total = 270 cals
SW:   half a heB


L:  smoked basa with asparagus; apple, orange or pear
I saw the smoked basa in Sainsbury's and, as I rather like smoked fish, thought I'd give it a go.  I guess I will steam both fish and asparagus.

basa = 142 cals
asparagus = 20 calories per 100g
fruit = 55 calories
total = 217 cals
SW:  free

D:  chick pea burger, roasted 'ratatouille' with pasta; yogurt
My SE leader, Jennifer, gave me this idea, which I thought I'd try.  Basically, it is simply roasted veg, then add some chopped tomatoes that have been simmered to thicken with some herbs.  The burger is simply some mashed up chick peas with bits and bobs added, shaped and, probably, sprayed and baked as the oven will be on.  Falafel in a different disguise.
As I haven't planned any healthy extra As today, I'll sprinkle 30g not-parmesan on the top

100 g chickpeas = 121 cals
50g pasta, raw weight = 176 cals
two tsps toasted sesame oil for roasting = 80 cals
30g hard Italian cheese = 116 cals
onion = 24 cals
pepper = 12 cals
courgette = 13 cals
mushroom = 7 cals
tomatoes = 10 cals
chopped tomatoes = 28 cals
yogurt = 80 cals
total = 667 cals
SW:  the oil is four syns, the yogurt is half a syn and the cheese is one heA


S:  fruit

Body Magic:  allotment work

Summary:
1154 cals
one heA and half a heB
four syns

















6 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea, Joy (but I don't see any gaps?!). Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrong choice of words - sorry, I mean there's not thirty days' worth of meals there!
      And thanks. It's helping, definitely.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Seeing your meals written out like this highlights just how varied your eating is. You are to be congratulated! Is this a conscious approach on your part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so nice.
      I don't think it's conscious really but I do enjoy cooking, looking up recipes, etc. I guess also I have this theory that the more variety, the less likely I am to get bored and if I don't get bored, I will stick to it better. Does that make sense?
      xx

      Delete
    2. Yes it does. As I was reading through your list it did occur to me that lack of variety/boredom may be one of the reasons I tend to stray away from the weight loss. I'll have to give it some thought - my food choices are necessarily restricted due to food allergies so maybe I need to put in some extra effort to ring the changes with the things I can eat.

      One thing I keep meaning to ask is to do with the calories. I know that you are following SW and are only listing the calories for your own reasons but I am sometimes surprised by the daily totals, which seem quite low. My understanding is that it's not considered to be healthy for a female to have fewer than 1200 calories a day.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I agree. The aim is to have around 1200 calories in planned meals and up to another 200 calories in fruit as snacks. That's why I do an update section below the photos - because things change during the day and often the final total is a bit higher.
      Perhaps I need to do a review of each day's calorie totals and just make sure it's not under 1200 too often and that it's balanced by days that have a bit more. The days when I've gone off plan probably do balance it out on average but it is something I am very aware of and you make a very good point.

      You're right - there's a specific reason why I'm doing calories and it's not part of Slimming world at all - not directly, anyway. I'd not want to give that impression to anyone. Maybe I should do a wee disclaimer at the start of each entry.

      There are lots of SW friendly sites out there - Pinch of Nom, Chubby Cubs and Slimming Eats are just three. I've picked up a lot of ideas from them and maybe they could be adapted to your specific requirements? Happy hunting. I think it could help.
      xx

      Delete