Monday 8 March 2021

Monday, 08-03-21

Good morning!
The calorie counting is helping me to know how much of the 'free' foods on Slimming World I ought to be having to remain in calorie deficit (which is the bottom line really).  It sort of works with the way I do things, planning in advance and adjusting things during the day, if necessary, although I can't be accurate with salad and veg.  Of course, using just SW, they don't have to be counted.
I can't see myself being so rigid with counting calories for much longer but, for now, it is definitely a support.

It's quite frustrating.  I feel thinner, my jeans, etc, are definitely looser again but nothing is showing on the scales which show a slight gain, would you believe it?  Maybe muscle is the issue and I know I really ought not to hop on and off those scales but . . . it's hard not to.
Ah, well, not to worry.  Something has to budge at some point and the data on Nutracheck tells me I'm eating sensibly and healthily so . . . I'll get there!

Yesterday's meal photo (just the one):

No breakfast photo.  I had an apple and a pear in the end; didn't want any more.

I almost forgot to photo lunch and had already started wolfing it down.  The crumble went down a real treat with us all and I felt pleasantly full afterwards.
Looking at what I had, while I can't syn or calorie count it, I don't think it will have done any damage.  Almost all of it is vegetables in one form or another.

I had a pear and three small easy peelers at around 4:30.

Then I changed dinner/tea plans.  I remembered I had some shredded chicken that really needed eating so instead of the baked beans I had the chicken and some marmite on toast which my mind decided was just what I was craving.  And it was lovely.  Then I had easy peelers instead of the yogurt and I'm afraid I didn't take any photos as it was a real bits and bobs random meal.


 Today's plans:

B:  beans, mushrooms, egg and toast
I was planning to have left over beans, of course, but I still fancy this so I'll go ahead anyway
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of toast, one syn for spread
285 calories

L:  lo dough all day breakfast pizza, salad; fruit
tomatoes, bacon, one skinny sausage, tomato, mushroom, baked beans, topped with some cheese.  More or less what I sometimes have for breakfast (without the cheese and the base).  I will use passata for the sauce today.
SW:  one healthy extra A (or maybe a bit more) for the cheese and two syns for the base.  The rest, I think, is speed or free.
281 calories plus salad

D:  breaded cod, salad or veg; yogurt
I have frozen cod and will use some home made wholemeal breadcrumbs to coat the cod before baking it in the oven.  I'm undecided whether I fancy veg or salad with it so I'll see how I feel.
SW:  one healthy extra B for breadcrumbs, half a syn for yogurt
Can't work out calories until I get the fish out of the freezer

Body Magic:  day 43 of the 100 day challenge:  allotment work (surprise!!!) 

Summary:
one to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns
can't say about the calories yet

2 comments:

  1. I feel your frustration, Joy. Keep doing as you are, though, and the results will come, you know they will. I'm rooting for you! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Sooze. Yes, I know they will, it's just so slow and while I'm out of target range, I have to pay. Well, I don't HAVE to, I could leave, but I don't want that. :-)
      xx

      Delete