Sunday 28 March 2021

Sunday, 28-03-21

 Good morning, everyone.
You may have noticed I've stopped calories.  The fact is, it was getting rather frustrating as so often I didn't actually know how much in weight I was going to have and you can't always prep everything first thing in the morning.    However, I am going to keep checking the calories of things like rice, pasta, bread, higher fat things like cheese, just to keep an eye on it and make sure I'm not having too much.  A form of portion control really.
The reason for this, apart from the frustration, is that at our Zoom meeting, Jen went all over the SW basics, encouraging us to go right back to scratch and really apply the SW principles to our meals.  SO that's what I'm doing (even Sunday lunch, while off plan, isn't going to be too far away from basics).

My plans for today are:

B:  fruit and yogurt
Probably an orange and an apple
SW:  speed fruit and half a syn

L:  roast chicken, stuffing, cranberry sauce, roasties, parsnips, sprouts, broccoli, cabbage and a sort of ratatouille thing.
I have (or had) a lot of bits and bobs in the fridge, all needing using up before they went too far, so there's a real mix of veg today.  In the ratatouille I have some onion, one leek, a red pepper, a courgette and chopped tomatoes and at the moment the first four are simmering gently away in one tbsp oil, gradually softening and caramelising just a little bit.  To that I will add garlic granules, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and some seasonings and let it summer until it's all thick and 'unctious'.
SW:  I don't really know but I'm calling it all my remaining syns

D:  cheesy chicken toastie with salad; yogurt
Using up some of the leftover chicken and a bit of the cranberry sauce.
SW:  two healthy extra As for cheese, one healthy extra B for bread, half a syn for yogurt plus the cranberry sauce

Body Magic:  hopefully some allotment work.  I can't remember what day of the challenge it is - I'll go back and check for tomorrow.

Summary:
A bit off plan because of the support bubble dinner but . . .
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
most likely fifteen syns although I will only have a wee taste of stuffing and cranberry sauce.



1 comment: