Wednesday 17 March 2021

Wednesday, 17-03-21

 Good morning!
As the days get lighter and longer and warmer, thoughts turn to summer vegetables in the garden and allotment.  Lovely, home grown speed food!
Yesterday, I started the process off (apart from the broad beans which are already in the ground) by planting courgette and cucumber seeds in seed trays.  A promise of deliciousness to come.
One reason for finishing off last year's frozen produce in soup, etc, is to make the space for new.  :-)

Yesterday's meals:

Oh, how I enjoyed this bacon sandwich!  Spray frying the bread makes such a difference!  To be honest, I could cheerfully have had double the amount, not because I felt hungry but because it was so good!
Here's lunch, the tomato and red pepper soup.
I hadn't rinsed out the pan in which I spray fried the bacon and there was some bacony flavour (if you know what I mean) in the pan; I reheated the soup in the same pan so as not to waste any of the flavour.  Very nice.
The photo doesn't show the grated cheese I sprinkled over the soup.
I'm glad there are three more helpings.

I had an apple, a pear and three easy peelers at around four thirty.
I was looking forward to this all day and I did enjoy it.  Yes, I ate the last two slices!  :-)  No, I have no regrets about the twenty and a half syns.




Today's plans:

B:  boiled eggs and marmite dippers
A favourite (I do seem to have a lot of favourites) and it will be perfect to keep me going through personal training.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the toast and two syns for 10g of spread
375 calories

L:  asparagus and salmon quiche, salad; fruit
This is the third of four portions and when that's gone I will definitely have to make another lo dough quiche - I've really enjoyed this one no end.
SW:  four and a half syns for the quiche
411 calories plus whatever the salad costs.

D: Count on Us sweet and sour chicken, salad leaves; yogurt
I'm hoping this is one of the nicer sweet and sours - ready meal ones can be quite 'nasty', I find.  The meal has what looks like a reasonable amount of chicken and also some rice so I thought some salad leaves on the side would go well.
SW:  two and a half syns for the meal and half a syn for the dessert
449 calories plus the leaves

Body Magic:  day 52 of the 100 day challenge:  an hour of personal training plus the daily core exercises.  
On YouTube yesterday there was a video about how to do these basic core exercises properly and to the four I am doing, she added lunges.  They're not my favourite but I can see the point of them so I have added them.  At the moment, the plank and the press ups are knee based and the press ups are against the sofa.  I will get better!!

Summary:
no healthy extra As but there's some synned cheese in the quiche
one healthy extra B
nine and a half syns
1235 calories plus whatever the salads will be


5 comments:

  1. I often use a previously used pan to cook more than one dish. Yesterday I dry fried mince for Bertie then cooked some veg in the juices and he little bit of fat the cooked mince made. The veg was used in some crust less quiche. Bacon butties are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. So tasty! Some weekend I will have one with white sourdough or a panini. Lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Everything tastes better with bacon. I even have a recipe for bacon shortbread!

    ReplyDelete