Friday 8 October 2021

Friday, 08-10-21; Fish Week day 7


Good morning .  
Weigh day today.  Whatever . . . 

Treat meal this evening is a take away Chinese which will blow the healthy eating right out of the water, even without any wine that might wash it down.  However, one out of twenty one . . . no problem.

It's officially the end of fish week but I still have fish a-plenty in the freezer and plenty of recipes I want to try so I'm having another one.  Starting Sunday though because it can't start today - Fish Week Two.

And finally, as well as too much fish, I am mildly horrified at how many ready meals, both home made and bought, I have in my freezer.  Next week (and subsequent weeks) will also have to be ready meal week.  A breakfast, a fish meal and a ready meal.  My own fault, of course.

Yesterday's meals:

The old fashioned meals are the best.  Like beans on toast, this is an old favourite which I thoroughly enjoyed and which kept me full for ages.  Two medium eggs, two slices of wholemeal and some spray oil.  So easy!
Lunch was a salmon traybake and by now I really shouldn't be surprised at how delicious the simplest ingredients can be, but I always am.
https://tastefullyvikkie.com/easy-salmon-tray-bake/
I followed it pretty much although I didn't have spinach, used spray oil and added some garlic granules.
The secret, I think, is to slice the veg really thinly and then spray and bake it until the edges are just a bit charred.  You get the sweetness of roasted root veg with crunch, sweetness and savouriness, softness, the flakiness of the fish (which I added later, not when I put the veg in, and the whole dish took around thirty five to forty minutes of baking (fifteen or twenty for the salmon).
Very adaptable but you do need the root veg for the impact, I think.

The last of the unfrozen Tastily meals for dinner.  Like the other two, it looked very 'worthy' and 'good for you' but tasted absolutely amazing.  I'm really rather impressed by these meals so far.

And the day finished off with a yogurt, as usual.

Today's plans:

B:  fresh fruit platter
No pancakes, etc this morning because of the Chinese.  I will survive!
SW:  speed or free

L:  tuna melts, salad; fruit
I suppose this is a bit of a cheat really as it's not using up frozen fish but it IS fish so I'm going with it.  It's more or less toast with tuna and cheese melted over.  I'll a find a recipe and then change it - like I always do!
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of bread, one healthy extra A for cheese and half a syn for some mayo (probably mayo, anyway).  All the rest will be speed.

D:  Chinese takeaway
I am really looking forward to this, very much indeed, and I intend to have whatever I fancy from whatever the choice is.  I'm meeting up with my brother so happy family time.
totally off plan.  

E:  a short walk and some calf exercises

Summary
Off plan.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. I can't remember the last time we had a Chinese takeaway...how delicious, enjoy every mouthful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I am so, so looking forward to it. Like you, it has been ages. xx

      Delete
  2. Snap...I was shocked at how many home made ready meals I need to use up from the freezer... I made a start the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always like to have a small supply ready in case of difficult days but it gets to the point at which you've got more difficult days prepared for that easy days!!
      I'm sure we will enjoy eating up the fruits of our efforts!
      xx

      Delete