Tuesday 19 October 2021

Tuesday, 19-10-21

 Hi!  
Well, I got round to going through the poultry and fish bag in the freezer and, to my great shame, there's loads (including more fish hiding under the chicken).  Well, it is less to spend on food and more for Christmas or savings so I'm not complaining, just determined to use it all up properly this time (and there goes a flying pig!!).

There's more to sort out but I'll do the next bit later on in the week.

Yesterday's meals:

I got into a right  muddle yesterday morning.  I went into town for a few bits and bobs without checking the time.  When I did check the time I had to rush back to get home in time for circuit training and didn't have time for the planned breakfast (which I usually have around eleven) so I grabbed and apple and a banana instead because I didn't want to do 45 mins of fairly rigorous stuff on an empty tum..  No photos of them though!

I decided to try some processed cheese slices in my toastie (half an A) instead of two As-worth of cheddar.  It was lovely and melty but not all that cheesy.  I had prepped the tomato and mushrooms for breakfast so I had them instead of a salad.
Dinner was the BBC Good Food recipe for beef stroganoff, very simple, very straightforward, easy to adapt to SW requirements ('optimising' as they call it) and, best of all, very delicious.  It made loads so I decided not to cook any other veg (I had some leftovers from Sunday anyway) and there was a little bit left over to enjoy today.

Dessert was the other half of the lemon mousse, just as nice as the first portion.

Despite the breakfast muddle, it was a good day's food.

Today's plans:

B:  egg mcmuffin (sort of), mushrooms on the side
I'm looking forward to this.  one slice of cheese, one fried egg, a couple of bacon medallions and, probably, some bbq sauce
SW:  half a healthy extra A for a cheese slice, one B for a muffin, half for the sauce and that's pretty much it.

L:  soup, stroganoff leftovers, fruit
I've checked and it looks as if I have a couple of pots of lentil and bacon soup left now so that's good.  I was going to add some cheese but I have that stroganoff to use up instead.
SW:  the soup is free/speed/protein, I'm calling the stroganoff two syns (there's not loads) and the fruit is speed

D:   minced beef hotpot, assorted veg; yogurt
I have some cooked mince in the freezer so I will use that, top it with sliced potato, spray with oil and bake until the potato is soft and brown.  I might add a bit of cheddar in the last ten minutes, that would be nice
I have a little casserole dish with a lid, just right for one, so I'll use that and take the lid off for the last little bit so the potato crisps up.
SW:  the hotpot and veg should be speed, protein or free apart from the cheese which is half a healthy extra A while the yogurt is half a syn

E:  a walk

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
three syns

From the freezer:  muffin, soup, cooked mince

No comments:

Post a Comment