Saturday 2 October 2021

Saturday, 02-1021

 Good morning!

You could have knocked me over with a feather at SW yesterday.  Despite all the entertaining, it was one and a half pounds off.  So happy with that!  :-)
It just goes to show that you can slacken the reins occasionally and do no overall damage.  

I was on weighing duties again yesterday morning.  I do know how to do the booking in/taking fees/etc. but I love doing the weigh-ins so I was really happy for Jen to ask me to do it all the time from now on.  I can always fill in for her on the other, when needed, now I know how to do it.


Yesterday's meals:

Not the best photo but it tasted nicer than it looked.  Waffles with raspberries from the allotment, toffee Mullerlight and a drizzle of choc sauce.

Before breakfast, after weigh in and during the talk, I had two easy peelers.

Chunky soup for lunch.  I had originally planned to add grated cheese but when it came to it, I decided I preferred to chop up some cooked chicken instead.  It was very warming and filling.

Later on in the afternoon, I had an easy peeler and an apple.

I munched happily on this pizza, the M&S wood fired spicy chicken arrabbiata pizza with a bit of extra cheese as I didn't have it for lunch.  It was very nice but perhaps just a bit too spicy for me.

As it was Friday evening, I made it into a 'naughty' meal with a few extras which I won't detail.  Suffice it to say, I noticed that Morrisons now seems to be selling a limited range of Skinny Whip/Dream bars.  


Back on the straight and narrow again now until next Friday evening.


Today's plans:

B:  a cooked breakfast of bacon, egg, fried bread (just half a slice), tomatoes and mushrooms
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice bread - the other half goes towards the bread sauce for lunch and half a syn if I have some sauce

L:   chicken, bread sauce, sprouts and green beans; fruit
I fancy something hot and dinner-like for lunch today.  No potatoes as I am having chips this evening.
I had a thought that I could perhaps use some of the lower fat crème fraiche on a version of bread sauce which I love with chicken/turkey.  I googled and found this.  
https://www.wcrf-uk.org/uk/recipes/bread-sauce
It will make too much so I need to reduce it down but I will have half a slice of bread left over from breakfast plus all the herbs and spices so why not give it a go?  I'll let you know.
SW:  the cooked chicken is free on the SW plan, the bread is the other bit of the half B I have counted for breakfast plus another slice for the other half B (if needed),  one tsp lighter crème fraiche is half a syn (I might up that a little bit), and the milk for the sauce is part of a healthy extra A choice.

D:  fish and chips, peas or salad; yogurt
I have one battered cod steak in the freezer so will use that with some actifry chips (the best kind of chips, impo) and either a simple salad or some peas.  Mayo may (will) be added!
SW:  the fish is nine and a half syns which keeps it firmly within the SW plan (and 279 calories), the mayo will be one syn and the yogurt half a syn

E:  Something inside.  Another walk, perhaps, or some circuit work.

Summary:
half a healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
twelve and a half syns

4 comments:

  1. It's definitely soup weather so I'll be adding a selection to the freezer next week. The M&S pizza looks very tasty. Is the portion you've shown a half or is that the whole pizza, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the whole pizza, Eileen. It was very nice, albeit pretty spicy hot.
      What soups will you be making?
      xx

      Delete
  2. Well done on the loss, I'm so pleased for you Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, SOoze. I was very surprised but happy.
      xx

      Delete